ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Money Spending Tracker App

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Hey Guys,

I’m curious if any of you guys use any money spending / tracker apps?

I want to try one for a couple of months to see how much money I’m actually spunking away.

I’ve seen a few in the App Store but I think you have to pay for them.

I don’t mind paying for one but want to know if it’s decent first.

I’m on iOS by the way.

[emoji16]

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Are you looking for an app you can input all the data into yourself or something automated?

If you're after something automated I'd recommend giving money dashboard a go. I've used it for a while now and it's been a total godsend for working out where money goes. Fetches your transactions automatically, has a budget planner etc to give you an idea of what's still to go out before payday. The phone app has only just started getting decent tbh but the web app is great. Oh, it's also free!

Reactions: Sam

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Are you looking for an app you can input all the data into yourself or something automated?

If you're after something automated I'd recommend giving money dashboard a go. I've used it for a while now and it's been a total godsend for working out where money goes. Fetches your transactions automatically, has a budget planner etc to give you an idea of what's still to go out before payday. The phone app has only just started getting decent tbh but the web app is great. Oh, it's also free!

I didn’t know if it could be automated or not so didn’t really think about it. I could try manually entering data for a while. I’m hoping to just find my bad habits.

I’ll look at what you’ve said. :)

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Download your account breakdown off your online banking into excel.

Split out how much goes on fixed bills .. fuel.. food shopping and then see where the rest goes.

Simple.

I didn’t even think about doing this. I’ve heard that some banks actually categories transactions for you on there website so you can see where you money is being spend which is a really good idea.

Halifax unfortunately don’t do this. :(

Clio 197
I didn’t even think about doing this. I’ve heard that some banks actually categories transactions for you on there website so you can see where you money is being spend which is a really good idea.

Halifax unfortunately don’t do this. :(
They do and whilst the categories are matched pretty accurately , some can be hit and miss.

I have used the excel approach for years, get a CSV export and dump it into excel , can itemise items line by line. On the RHS I have all the mandatory outgoings , when they go out of the account colour code the expense item.

Can work this up further by bringing in salary and subtracting total cost to see total disposable for month. It's very simple stuff but it works for me. Find what works for you.

I wouldn't be trusting a 3rd party app with all my financial data given the above is so easy to do.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

clio 182 trophy
Surely the best start is to get all direct debits/standing orders to come out the day after pay day and also move money to savings/investments (if you do), leaving you left with disposable income. This is what I do. Anything left isn't a worry if it gets spent. Good to see where money goes though I guess.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
My bank statement is mostly PayPal lol. So no idea what I’ve bought.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Lloyds has a free app on online banking that does that, maybe check if your bank does.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Monzo is a new bank, really modern and the app is brilliant, gives pie charts of spending etc.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
I track it all in excel with a monthly cashflow forecast/personal balance sheet - so i know exactly what goes in/out per month & my expected/required financial position in 6-18 months time.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I use an app called spending tracker. Been using for about a year and a half and it comes in handy to see how much you spend on certain things a month or even by year eventually.