ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mongoose exhaust

elj

clio 182
The 182 had been making an interesting whistling noise for the last couple of weeks. I was quite enjoying it until I realised it was down to a split appearing on the cat. The front flange completely sheared off and the car's exhaust now has more bandages than tutankhamen's wardrobe (as the middle silencer was also falling apart) I have ordered a ktec decat pipe and a full mongoose cat back system. Does anyone know if this will prove a bit loud or should I find a second hand cat instead of the decat. I do enjoy a good rasp at high revs but am far too old for a constant drone. Advice please!

106GTI / NovaC20LET
Does the mongoose have a centre silencer? If not the drone will more than likely be very prominent with a decat, will sound nice at high rpm tho :D

Another thing to consider is do you use the car at unsocialble hours? I.e very early mornings or after 11 at night? Im forever getting complaints from my neighbours about my yozza system with decat lol. Sometimes I have to leave for work about 6am and you wouldn't believe how loud its is on a morning in silent street on the cold map lol, i cringe while turning the key lmao.

elj

clio 182
The mongoose does have a centre silencer so maybe it will be ok, otherwise it'll be a second hand cat. Does anyone know how much a new one is?

elj

clio 182
Just had this fitted and sounds fantastic, not too loud even with the ktec decat and it doesn't drone on the motorway. It was only £255 delivered.

FF Black 182
I have picking up my 182 2mora and that has a full ktec decat, the noice isn't that bad unless you cane it. But can see your point am 27 and I'm looking at putting the standard system or a Cat back on it.