ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Monitoring Internet Usage - Help?

Honda. Tesla Someday
Hello All,

A friend of mine runs his own business and he was watching the CCTV. He noticed that one of his employees may have been looking at naughty sites. He needs 'proof' so he can bring it up with him.

Apart from hardware like a keylogger, what else could I tell him to use? I know there are software keyloggers, maybe even something that monitors everything being done on said computer.

Point I'm trying to make is: Does anyone know of any 'free' software we could install that the individual would not notice, that we could then look at to see what he's been up to??

Cheers!! :)

Nothing at the mo :(
I think the program is called VCN. It's a remote desktop typre program

Run it before the guy comes to work, sitin the back office and watch all day what the guy is doing on his PC :p

VNC, I use it here. It's a remote desktop app.

I mainly use it to access the server (instead of turning my chair and looking at the other screen). But can be used to view other desktops.

However it would mean the boss watching the other machine all day, not very productive.

I used VNC a few years ago to get someone sacked. They were pissing around, looking for jobs on work time. The final straw was insulting me in a personal email LOL. Fail!

Thats the one VNC :p

I used to use VNC in my server days when i used to run a server for a game :p

If people had trouble connecting ot the game Serrver i used to tell them to download VNC and i would do it for them :D

Honda. Tesla Someday
Hmmm not bad! Thanks!!

Thing is, wouldnt he 'know' that VNC is running?

Also, is there anything else that would maybe take screenshots every 5 seconds and save them silently?

I dunno, more suggestions very appreciated.

Thanks again!!

(any VNC application in particular??)

VNC is free the last time i used it, Google VNC

Has a few settings in VNC itself to best to play around with it

I belive he has to have VNC running on one machine and it will be down at the bottom right of the screen near the time. But i think you can get rid of that so it doesnt show

Then on the Main PC you open the program called VNC Viewer, You setup the 2nd machine's VNC so when someone connects it will ask for a IP and password

So you go onto the main PC, open Viewer, Type in there Password and IP address and bang you are in

Only bad note is you can not move the mouse, If you do it will move on his screen too lol

Clio 1.2 Grande (2001)
Also don't forget that it has to explicitly state in his terms of employment that his internet usage will be monitored and that looking at p**n is a sackable offence or your mate won't have a leg to stand on. Doesn't all your internet traffic go through a server before going to the internet. Might be worth checking if he's already got site visit tracking information stored somewhere.

Honda. Tesla Someday
VNC is free the last time i used it, Google VNC

Has a few settings in VNC itself to best to play around with it

I belive he has to have VNC running on one machine and it will be down at the bottom right of the screen near the time. But i think you can get rid of that so it doesnt show

Then on the Main PC you open the program called VNC Viewer, You setup the 2nd machine's VNC so when someone connects it will ask for a IP and password

So you go onto the main PC, open Viewer, Type in there Password and IP address and bang you are in

Only bad note is you can not move the mouse, If you do it will move on his screen too lol

^ Very helpful, thanks!!

Also don't forget that it has to explicitly state in his terms of employment that his internet usage will be monitored and that looking at p**n is a sackable offence or your mate won't have a leg to stand on. Doesn't all your internet traffic go through a server before going to the internet. Might be worth checking if he's already got site visit tracking information stored somewhere.

^ again, thank you. I'll mention this to him. Its quite a new business (his first business) and I think this is the first time he's encountered an issue like this. I'm pretty sure he isnt running a server; as far as I know its a broadband line with a router!

Does the bloke not watch the Microsoft advert with Private browsing lol

^ Apparently not, he's been 'clearing browsing history' LOL (what a n00b)

You can disable this, so he wouldn't know.

The one I use is called 'Real VNC'.

^ I'll see if we can try Real VNC!

Woop! Thanks again guys. if anyone has anymore suggestions, feel free. All very much appreciated.