ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Monthly Insurance

Never paid monthly before but thought I'd ask when I rang for a quote.

BMW Z3 - £1800 FC, Commuting, 10K Miles, Mods, £4k Value

Now monthly, £2800.

Where do they get the cheek of adding £1000 interest over a year!

What do other people pay monthly?

Audi TTS S Tronic
If that's with admiral/bell/elephant it's because you lose their discount, and then they charge I think that they told me, 17% APR

Same with a quote I've got for my next car, £1545 if paid in one, or if paid monthly, works out @ £2150

ipodsandguns

ClioSport Club Member
  GW X200 CUP
with admiral/bell/elephant monthly is insane!

17% interest, additional rise in premium and your first quote is not inclusive of insurance tax...

Also they don't allow you to pay a large deposit to bring down monlthy payments.

Slow red one
With elephant they wanted £1400 monthly and £912 for the yr so saved myself about £500 and asked my dad to pay it in one and I pay him monthly. What a joke!

Yes it was with admiral as they will honour my 1 years experience and turn it into ncb if I renew with them.

I'll just pay it in one go, would just be nice not to have one big hit

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Can you not get a 0% credit card? Pay the insurance, set up a direct debits for each month and shred the card so you can't use it again. Then you have your monthly payments with no interest.

Tesco are doing 0% for 15 months and Barclaycard for 14 months (I have that one).

Seat Ibiza
Can you not get a 0% credit card? Pay the insurance, set up a direct debits for each month and shred the card so you can't use it again. Then you have your monthly payments with no interest.

Tesco are doing 0% for 15 months and Barclaycard for 14 months (I have that one).

Exactly what I did mate, I got a Barclaycard one too, 12months 0%.

Seat Ibiza

Exactly what I did mate, I got a Barclaycard one too, 12months 0%.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Even if they did charge a fee, it's not going to be the £1000 the OP will be paying in interest. Still quids in.