ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MOPPING QUESTION

RenaultSport clio 172 CUP
Bought a PC a few months back and to a certin degree I am happy with the results,its great at removing swirls and very minor scratches.

I have deided however to get valeting company to mop the car to shift some of the stubborn marks.

Do I need to mention the fact that I have used a PC on the car even though im sure its hardly touched the clear coat.

Just wish the PC had a little more OOMPH.

106 GTi
Any one that is going to by rotarying you car on a decent Pro level should have a paint thickness gauge anyway to take some readings before they start.

RenaultSport clio 172 CUP
Any one that is going to by rotarying you car on a decent Pro level should have a paint thickness gauge anyway to take some readings before they start.

Cheers Rich I will ask he question before I let them loose on my car.

My mates in the motor trade and he's put me in touch with the guy he uses to do all his cars and apparently he's never F*cked up any of them so he sounds good.

Im getting it done at the price he pays but what is the going rate or full mop??

106 GTi
Depends how many stages the machine polsih involves and time taken. £200 upwards is a typical rate for a proper machine polish / Defect correction and swirl removal, there is much more to it being done properly than a once over with some G3 for an hour or so.

I would be asking exactly what process/pad and products are going to be used before signing up to it.