ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

More Car washing tales of woe.....

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
The 200 was filthy (not been washed for 3 months ish) and my wife was badgering me to give it a going over. I said I would next weekend but I come home tonight and i'm greeted with a very poorly cleaned Storm grey clio.....

She went to sainsburys to do the shopping and came out to find some immigrant with a bottle of water and a J cloth ''cleaning'' the car in the method that they use. Something about 'waterless cleaning'?? She asked him what he was doing and in broken english he said he was doing the car his boss told him to clean.

Cut a long story short he was cleaning the wrong car and I now have a half dirty/half swirled hideous mess of a car parked out the front and i'm not a happy bunny.

If I wasn't full of man flu i'd be angry but at this moment in time I have more things to be angry about.

ffsnake.

Mondeo TDCI 130
lol! it could only happen to you!!! I am always excited about the Daniel christmas special!!!!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
LOL! I've watched these guys on the local Sainsburys before. Leaning on the cars, standing on wheels to clean the roof, might as well 'wash it' with a yard brush and ditch water tbh.............. Mine hasnt been washed since early October, its filthy tbh, and needs doing, catching the jeans on the side skirts ftl :(

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
It fcuks me off because I left it dirty for a reason! I wanted to give it a 'proper clean' to get all the salt and s**t off before I wash it properly.

Now i'm going to have to look at the swirls every morning on my way to work.

I might kill one of them, that should make me feel better. Dumb fcukers. All they do is wash cars and they can't even do that right.

ITB'd MK1
I went to the jet wash earlier. The bay i pulled into was having a purge cycle to rinse out the lance, so i grabbed it as it's good to give the car a quick blow over to loosen the dirt. 5 minutes later it was still running and i'd got most of the heavy dirt off for free. Winner

Iceberg 172
I think I would of stuffed his face in his waterless bucket. These guys really f**k me off, I went into one car park and the guy was so insistent on stopping me I nearly run the fucker over.

I wish these cheap car wash places actually knew how to wash a car... I'd quite happily pass over triple or even more what they charge for a proper wash, dry and some tyre shine...

LOL! I've watched these guys on the local Sainsburys before. Leaning on the cars, standing on wheels to clean the roof, might as well 'wash it' with a yard brush and ditch water tbh.............. Mine hasnt been washed since early October, its filthy tbh, and needs doing, catching the jeans on the side skirts ftl :(

Congrats on your attempt to make the op feel better lol.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Me and hunter joked earlier about how you were kicking your valeter whilst having a fag.

Turns out it wasn't your own valeter that was the problem! :eek:

Feel for you mate, shame you're so far away i'd have done SG for free.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I'm tired whats your excuse.(I'd go mad if it happened to me)

I'm tired, full of man flu, had a really bad day at work and am generally pissed off with everything.

Apart from that im hunky fcuking dory.

182cup & 172 racecar
Gally,I had to have a little giggle when I read this,reminded me of what I said earlier.Looks like I wasn't far off.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Come on fcukers, lets not tell tales. Lets be open about these things.

182cup & 172 racecar
Come on fcukers, lets not tell tales. Lets be open about these things.

Some goon was going on about using brake fluid as paint stripper,or something like that(I got lost in it when £2.50 kept cropping up) anyway Gally said where's Baldy Dan when you need him,thats when I mentioned about you kicking car cleaners and having a fag.OK,don't go all insecure on me,ill or not.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
FLOL @ Insecure.

You read me so well. I am a bit insecure today Mr H. I've had a really shitty day.

mace¬

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio
Was it Sainsburys out by the MOD? I was over there on my lunch the other day and some geezer was doing a DB9. Most disgraceful car washing I've ever seen. Was sat on the floor with his hand resting on cloth whilst he washed and then picked the other cloth off the floor and started scrubbing it! Madness.

182cup & 172 racecar
Shitty day,I go to get the suspension set up and end up having to get the sump off to get it welded,that's a bad day.No get some night nurse down you and get to bed.

clio 182 black /gold
That is so bad. I hope you go back to the said place and confront the firm with an intrupritor and get them to correct it. I know that the grammar police will pick up on my thread but i tried lol.

I would rather teabag a boiling kettle than let one of those clowns near my car!
During the winter I try to give mine a steam off once a week a work to get the worst off and it gets a proper clean every 3 weeks, nobody cleans my car other than me! Sometimes I wish I had a shed though so I wouldn't have to wash it, having said that the 100hp has enough collinite/ egp on it so the dirt comes off quite easily.

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
If my partner was asking me to clean my car I'd be other the moon every time I wash it she always goes on about how much I care for the car and not her!! Bloody woman!! Gutted tho mate! U could of entered the dirty car comp!!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I've got a few pints on board, been up the pub with me dad and i've just been over the whole car pointing out scratches as its parked uner a street light.

It made me feel sad.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Are you going to try and make them pay ?

Cannot be bothered. IT will either cost me £60/70 to get a mate to sort it or an afternoon of my time. Either way its a lot less aggro than trying to convince someone who knows nothing about paint and cannot speak english that they've done something wrong.

I'll get some pictures later this week. theres some marks on the bonnet that look likr they've used a brillo pad!!

soon to be 182 ;)
Some goon was going on about using brake fluid as paint stripper,or something like that(I got lost in it when £2.50 kept cropping up) anyway Gally said where's Baldy Dan when you need him,thats when I mentioned about you kicking car cleaners and having a fag.OK,don't go all insecure on me,ill or not.

i be that goon flol

Clio 182
I've seen these fools draped in zips hanging on the car roof rack trying to give it a "good wash sir"!!!
The only "fairtrade" policy i want to see at my local supermaket is in the coffee aisle!!!!!!

Ph1 172
i dont mind those immigrants in actual car wash places, do a decent job tbh.

the guys in the car parks are criminals though, how you can wash a car without a running water supply is beyond me.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I haven't cleaned my 172 since oooh June

Still looks remarkably clean :p

Fancy cleaning mine with your snotrags superfastdan?