ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

More fuel for the fire...

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
My mates Rota..

87cb6adb.jpg

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah stretched but not mental. He was having a bit of sideways fun when it happened. Tyre blew out and this is what he found.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Funny how its right along a seem of the wheel. On a worse note. The front is cracked too but that one hit the kerb after the blow out. Bent his rack, snapped his wishbone.

034f4e12.jpg

306 GTI-6
So there was a blowout?

From sideways action, with stretched tires.

My question would be, did the blowout happen first, I would say yes probably.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
So there was a blowout?

From sideways action, with stretched tires.

My question would be, did the blowout happen first, I would say yes probably.

Yes, it blew out. He hit the kerb and damaged the front. Its not the fact it had stretched tyres..It wasnt like he was going mad. Rear step out, bang. Oh dear.

306 GTI-6
Yeah sorry, was just trying to say, that if the blow out happened first, then the rim hit the ground etc, whilst having some sideways action, I would hardly describe it as a fault of the rim to be looking like that after such an incident.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Thing is, the lip would have been pulled the other way from a blow out. Thats the NS wheel going round a right hand bend.

Evo 5 RS
oopsy. I've seen wheels come off far worse to be fair. The Focus RS wheels are Borbets are they not? They're weak as fook.

Just looks like the result of running silly tread

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
You mean like when Gaz nerved his Regamaster and it didn't give a single f*ck? It stayed in one piece.

I would post a retort but you locked the last thread when I did that.

You crash and bend a wheel then so be it. Having a hard wheel will just break something else. A man hole cover totally goosed one of the magnesium wheels on my old Westfield. Some wheels are just soft.

People buying Rota's et al is fine, the people buying cheap wheels and then moaning when they break are morons. Rota's et al are 100% fine for road use, unless your normal road use includes drifting, jumps, hitting kurbs etc...

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Moaning about cheap wheels = Moaning that your cheap hooker had a ****

99% of the time you'll be fine but the 1% is all you will ever hear about.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
That's pretty good, although I wouldn't say they "took inspiration" from others designs, I'd say they copied the designs, but they aren't sold as direct copies of other wheels, like they said, it isn't claiming to be something it isn't.

What is says though is this happens a lot, only ROTA get picked out for it. They even own the licensing to some of those designs now.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
What is says though is this happens a lot, only ROTA get picked out for it. They even own the licensing to some of those designs now.

Oh yeah, I'm not disputing it happens a lot, but there is no 2 ways about it, they have seen a design that people like, and reproduced it themselves. It happens in everything, music is the worst for it, so many riffs are just completely ripped off but no one really complains when that happens.

So cynical Gaz. He's bound to be 100% unbiased, it's not like he stands to lose out financially if he makes any negative comments about them....