ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

more power for my cup

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

"best way"?

throw money at it

get tbs thats the best way

or N20 :cry:

L..A.D motorsport hve managed to squeeze 210bhp out of the cup but there soooo far away and i have to leave the car with them a week which is totaly inpractical + its gonna cost 1200 quid.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by doofboy on 09 April 2003

yeah thanx for the GREAT advice tom now tell me somthing thats not obvious!! lol

eh? dont post questions you know the answer to ;) only trying to help dooode, anyway.

Sangy has recently got a unichip and viper and got 193bhp at the fly or 172 at the wheels

oh and the 210bhp cup thing is a tad unlikely (BS)

they dont make a chip for the cup yet ive already checked that one out . anyway what do u mean 180 bhp is enough if i had the money id have 300 in it if possable. lol

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Yes they do. they custom built it for sangy pm him

or get a RS ecu

Both wrong! :p

Firstly, 172bhp ATW is over 200bhp ATF, and if you believe that LAD have gotten 210bhp.....well, you need to read some books on engine tuning and its limitations, being mostly airflow.

If you want to pay 1200 for somebody to lightly touch the head then go ahead, but the amount of work they do is minimal.

Ill try finf the thread.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Ben

look mate dont shoot the messenger

do you know sangys exact transmission reduction percentage?

Quote: Originally posted by Simon172 on 09 April 2003

get the sadev 6-speed sequential box off the CUP racers
Yeah!! great idea hmmmmm droooool

Twas a jesting postm old fellows, nobodies upset.......:p

How do i know his transmission losses, losses are not linear and increase with power.

All i am saying is......172bhp ATWs is a SODDING amount from a UNI chip that has no benefit over any otehr chip. Why should a uni chip give more than say a super, hillpower or Ktec chip?

Cams, again, dont bother, the std cams are very wild as they are. Anything wulder will not lead to an increase in power due to flow limits yet you will get a decrease in torque due to the nature of cams.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

dunno but it has been rrd

which is a bit more concrete than LAD

i still dont get it tho 194 bhp !!! maybe the rr was out

matr get a twin turbo zet or have a go at ram air ;)

lol, nobody fights on here, well not much ;).

But people do like figures especially big ones.

like ive said before, do you think Renault would let the engine out with 15BHP luking in simple engine management changes.....besides, what can you change with the chip that is missing???

not much......

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

true whats the standard air box like? is it restrictive?

maybe a combo of the viper and the unichip works well

i think he had a uprated exhaust but thats neither here nor there

Exhaust is partucualry good, and from all the systems i tested, gains area about 2bhp after all the other mods.

the Chip gained nothing bar a bit of drivability, the viper was good, and we got 6bhp peak. Still.....172bhp is roughly about 145 odd bhp ATWs, and if your up there your doing good.

The standard engine is very good because Renault did work at it, and they didnt leave much to mess with, bar teh throttle body.

Ill get the sheet scanned in to settle this. Its 172Bhp At The Wheels, estmated 192bhp at the flywheel. Only got a Viper kit, Dastek chip and a K-tec titanium exhaust. I felt my ears burning last night and came in this morning to see everyone chatting about my car, spooky!

All I can say is the powerstation guys were VERY impressed with the engine on the Cup and astounded at the lack of transmission loss!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 09 April 2003

the viper was good, and we got 6bhp peak. Still.....172bhp is roughly about 145 odd bhp ATWs, and if your up there your doing good.
The standard engine is very good because Renault did work at it, and they didnt leave much to mess with, bar teh throttle body.
So ben,

would you recommend as a first mod the viper ? cause after reading what you been saying it looks like the viper is the best start as the exhaust/head/cams etc are already good enough for small gains.

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 09 April 2003

you cant make 200BHP on the std TB.......

read one of the hundreds of threads about it!!!
Actually you can..............READ

EFJIE DISTRIBUTION
7 RUE FENELON
41000 BLOIS
TEL 02 54 45 54 45
FAX 02 54 43 22 82

Thank you for email,
Prépartion top G r N
Arceau
siege
harnais
suspension fileté
kit support moteur durs
ligne déchappement
prépartion moteur 200 ch.
embrayage renforcé
disque plaquette flexibles
=8 000 €

JEROME BIMBENET

ben - the main difference between HIllpower Ktec - or almost anyones chip and Dastek Unichip - is that the chips are "preprogrammed" , when Unichip is a simple piggyback and has to be set-up on RR... has afaik 256 map points for (as for N/A) car both ignition and fueling...

But arent you missing the point - just cuz its "Group N" it doesnt necessarily mean itll drive well on the road....its not designed for that purpose!! For all you know it could turn a well mannered 172/Cup into a dog to drive on public roads.

GrpN is std spec, you NOT allowed to fiddle! sheesh.....

the Viper is the single best mod for a power increase, but still its small and you wont feel 6bhp.

The unichip, HP chip, Superchip etc....they can do all the same, my SC was custom, and HP can adj it to your needs.

The unichip is a neat peice of kit, but not the be all and end all, its a piggy back item that gives you a little more control, its not amazing.

I tweeked the dizzy cap on my 16V last night, now i have 170bhp!!! i only had 150 before......the dizzy has 4 points and is made of plastic....i also have 4 extre grounding wires.......anybody want me to do the conversion, 500 quid...and ill give youa printout off my computer!

FRST and 106 GTi

what? are you being sarcastic BenR? 20bhp gains... try getting rid of the cap.. the car will be lighter also!

WTF?