ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

More Power

Trophy 88/500

Just bought a clio 182 but want a bit more power what would be the best way to take it up to around the 200bhp mark?

Avoid a chip theyre sh*t. You want either a proper re-map done on a RR or a piggyback ecu such as a dastec or smt6 fitted and again set up on a RR. Wont gain much power on its own but could improve the driveablity and how the power is delivered.

Trophy 88/500

well i dont reely have 2.5k t spare. what gains would a stainless exhaust and a induction kit give me?

Not much. probably 5bhp give or take a couple of bhp. Tbh with an IK its always best to have the fuelling checked as some people have had issues with the cars running lean at WOT.

Trophy 88/500

who is the best company to see about these sort of things i live north east scotland so england would be no use?

tbh most of the tuning companies are in the south or midlands of the UK. There are a fair few lads here north of the border that might have some recommendations though.

300bhp MR2 Turbo

The problem is, being such a new car most of the parts are as efficient as they´re gonna get. (IE exhaustand airfilter)

A chip will improve the way the fuel/air mixture works. It might not give you a huge gain at the top but it will improve power and torque through the rev range.

As Loony said though, no plug and play crap. Proper piggy back at least. May be even stand alone if you can afford it.

Doesnt bare thinking about on a std engine.

ECU £630, loom about £200, installation, conversion to cable throttle, MK1 plenham and TB......£500 mapping...over a grand just to change the ECU.

tuning the 172/182 is an expensive hobby, you need to do some serious surgery to get any decent gains.

5bhp on the road is really no different.

Audi A6 (S3 on order)

FAQ & Answers like this would be on the main site of a club ... if it were in the right hands.

Get it sorteddddd guys.

Dont worry, my website when done will be an indepth review and FAQ for most components and their potential.