ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

More probs

Renault clio mk2 rxe 1.6
Right, been havin probs with my speedo not workin and this mornin it has packed up. Also the mileage counter has frozen so the other readings show 0.
The only 1 that works (i think) is the reading that tells u how musch fuel u have used from fillup.

any ideas:dead:

hey well i dunno about clios cause iv not looked at how my speedo works yet, but the millage counter will have frooze cause ya car isnt reading that its doin any miles my last car done this and the speedo cable had snapped but im not sure if the clios are done by cables or not. if its not a cable then it must be a senser which im guessing will be on the gear box but thats only a guess. sorry i cant help u more.

Renault clio mk2 rxe 1.6
just checked the connections behind the dash and 1 was alittle loose, so might have sorted it now, fingers crossed:D

2007 MK5 VW Golf TDi
Have you ran the diagnostic test? Hold down the button on the end of your right hand stalk and switch the ignition on... Does your speedo needle move?

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
might not have a sensor in the g/box possibly ran from the ABS, ill look at mine tomorro, im going to say it will be the speed sensor if it taken from the gearbox, its above the diff area (where the driveshafts go in to) black stick thing normally

2007 MK5 VW Golf TDi
Did the other needles move? If they do I guess there is a problem with the guage, if not may need a new dial unit

Renault clio mk2 rxe 1.6
just been on a drive and the thing is workin again, could that be the sensor.
Also did the test when it was workin but the only needle 2 move was the fuel one.if i'm doin it right)

Renault clio mk2 rxe 1.6
This is what it looks like,
green clip that u press and release, then it is a black plug that is held in by a large nut.

Attachments

• DSC00002[1].JPG
    DSC00002[1].JPG
    27.8 KB · Views: 41
  Volvo S60 T5
Thats the reverse light switch, speedo sensor is at the back of the diff, you can see it from the engine bay.
Sounds like panel to me anyway.

Renault clio mk2 rxe 1.6
right, just had a call from a1 renault spares and they do them from £45+ they say that the mileage is held by the ecu so it will tally up

Renault clio mk2 rxe 1.6
oh right, just spoke 2 renault services in nuneaton and they say the same thing (just got 2 make sure i get the correct display panel).:S

Renault clio mk2 rxe 1.6
Right, fitted the new display unit lastnight and tested this mornin, still the same problem going on, so now i take it , it could be the sensor unit then.
Can sum1 put a pic up 2 show where it is ( manual not very clear)
cheers