ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Morego Clio 202

The Jinx
Oh dear. You don't want to start this again.

Basically IIRC from the thread most agreed that 202 was possible with the full kit if they properly re-mapped it but without the cams there was no way a chip, exhaust and filter would see the gains they quoted. Seemed expensive to me but I don't know how expensive it is to mod the 172/182.

MKIII 138
yea problem is people driving around in a clio with cheesy more go stickers on telling their mates they have a 202bhp clio when in fact its more like 180 on a 172 and 189-190 on a 182 if there lucky

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
the morego conversion does have cams.....
i have met the guy that runs the place and had a good look over his car, 202 is the figure you get from their conversion, but thats obviously at the fly.... .

The Jinx
I know it comes with cams. I was highlighting that the claims for the cam-less option were brought in to question on the last thread about it.

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
if you think about the cost of new gaskets, labour, resetting the timing, new cam belt, new cams, remapping it to suit etc its not too bad IMO, i have had a look in the demo car and it seemed really well put together, no lumpy tickover or excess revs....

Focus ST
AJRMOTORSPORT said:
a half decent 172 is just a quick as a 182...end of!

lol! you didn't specify if it was a half decent 182!

Oh, and if it did indeed give 202bhp then that would be pretty good value for money IMO......but a few who should know what they're talking about on here have suggested it's very dubious.

Last edited:

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
One renaults good the next is shite...can't compare them. I had two new race engines last yr, same batch, one was good and the other was gashier than gash! To spend x ammount on these engines you mite as well find a good one to start with...no matter how many mods you throw at it it still won't be that special...Look at Chris and neil's Cups...Quick out the box