ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Morning steering creak (182)

fad

Clio 182 FF
My 182 has developed some kind of steering creak/groan when pulling off my drive. When I have just started the car up if you so much as turn the wheel either to the left or the right it makes a creaking/groaning noise with a slight knock. (I know they knock as standard anyway) It sounds like the groan springs make when they decompress after a car has been parked on a hill for a while. Once I have driven about 20 yards it all stops!

Just wondering if there was anything other than top mounts I should check?

Just parked up outside work and it doesnt do it now!!!

One thing to note is that when turning on full lock (right) you can feel the car bobbing slightly noise and a slight viration through the steering wheel.

It doest sound like the contat clonk you get from worn CV's?

Any help would be appreciated

fad

Lots of Alfas
You can check that the springs are correctly seated and not rusted/snapped at the ends. Also check for any excessive movement in the steering rack/rods.