ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Most expensive petrol ever

Skoda Fabia vRS

yea its down to 76.9 near mine too, which i love because it gives me exactly 13 Litres for a tenner, and i have a Shell plus points card so it means i dont have to fill up in litres to get my points, it didnt feel right puttin in like £8.26 ??

Skoda Fabia vRS

did you fill up on the motorway or somethin ?........its always at least 2p a litre more expensive there

james petrol in jersey is currently about 46p for super unleaded. i.e cheap but I hear the states are putting the new states VAT on to petrol so how long it stays like that is hard to tell.

make the most of it whil your there. After leaving the island my tank went from £23 to fill from nothing to £35 [:(]

GR7

Shiny red R32

You lot are lucky, because where I live, super unleaded is 82.something.

No doubt the petrol comes from up here in Scotland, and is probably shipped down south only to come back up at extra cost!

:(

GR7

Shiny red R32

ak_uk

You think you are being robbed, look at what I have to pay just for super-unleaded! My nearest garage is Esso, and obviously no Optimax. I have used it a couple of times but not noticed any difference!

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

Optimax normally works out at 4p a litre more than normal shell.

Chavy Boy - BP SUL is 98 Ron.

Quote: Originally posted by Matty on 25 October 2002

Optimax normally works out at 4p a litre more than normal shell.

Chavy Boy - BP SUL is 98 Ron.
I had always assumed that the only 98 fuel was Optimax! If the BP SUL is 98 that means that I could get the same performance with that stuff.....doh!

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

Optimax is just a SUL type from Shell rather than calling it SUL. Supposd to be cleaner, better etc but whether it is 98Ron I dont know. Cant say Ive looked at the pumps.

Just topped up with normal Shell so have a mixed tank, 72.7 rather than 77.7 for Optimax so actually 5p a litre difference. Last time I used BP SUL 98Ron it was about 80.9.

Just thought Id let you guys know that BP SUL is 97ron not 98 cus I always check the pump.

Shell Optimax is actually 99ron as apart from a handful of fill ups my car has always been run on it.

As for prices I get it for 78.9 or 79.9 dependant on which garage I use.

Ford Fiesta

Shell have stopped doing there super unleaded and have replaced it with Optimax which is better than the older shell super unleaded.

While I was dropping a tanker last night at work I was chatting to him about where he delivers to and he told me the other week a few tankers went up to scotland all filled with optimax as they are introducing it up there gradually. Obviously its more work etc and they are delivering it further as they are bringing it from Lancashire.