ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Most recommended braided lines ??

IB silver 172 cup
As title really been looking at black diamond and good ridge aswell as hel ones too black diamond £57 I believe and good ridge about 80£ is it worth forking out the extra??

Clio Cup
Depends if they have the stainless fittings i think id always pay the extra for them , as for performance , id guess they were a pretty much much of a much

dan's cast offs.
i got a set of goodridge in black from euro the other day, think they were just over £50?

I have HEL ones, I bought them directly from HEL, only to find out afterwards that basically EVERYONE ELSE is cheaper!

I've only got them on the front though as they c**ked up & sent me 172 ones for the rear :rolleyes: I've got the correct ones now, but never had chance to fit them on. Tbh they are not that great!

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
http://www.mattlewisracing.co.uk/product.php/473/36/brake_lines_hose_pipes__matt_lewis_racing

Bought these last year, been using them with no problem , stainless fittings £45

The mattlewisracing hoses seem cheap ? Have you tested them on track??

I have them fitted, yes I abuse it on track. I had Matt Lewis ones on my previous car and used that on track too. Good hoses for less money than the rest, what more do you want. Its the same hose anyway.

Astra VXR NBG ED
I have them fitted, yes I abuse it on track. I had Matt Lewis ones on my previous car and used that on track too. Good hoses for less money than the rest, what more do you want. Its the same hose anyway.

Just purchased MLR hoses for my VXR! Always good to hear these reviews

IB silver 172 cup

Ok nice one thanks for help mate :)

Renault Clio 172 cup
The mattlewisracing hoses seem cheap ? Have you tested them on track??
#
As Tom above, have used them 5 times already this year on track with no problem. I am not light on my braking either, went through a set of Bluestuffs in a day at Blyton at easter( this was a freak day as my previous set of blues lasted 3 and a half track days ).
Would recommend the Matt Lewis ones without any problem.

Do the Matt Lewis hoses come with all the fittings required such as banjos and washers etc? In other words is it a Kit like the Goodridge or just the hoses?

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Think I may have just realised you don't need Banjos and it is just the generic photo in the Goodridge advert that shows them.
it's just the line. No banjos or anything as you don't need them!!

Need an 11mm spanner and 14mm if I remember correctly. Some way of bleeding the brakes as well of course.

I had Matt Lewis on my old track car and they were good. I now have toms matt lewis ones on my current car and they are still as good as I remember!

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
G 172 does the goodridge phantom black ones for a good price cant remember off the top of my head how much but I bought the front and back ones and they are great - but then dont think there is much difference between any braided lines tbh.