ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

most weight carried

ph1 clio 172
hi i need to get 30 bags of sand/cement (25kg each), how many at a time would i be able to get in my phi 172 , it has gaz coilovers so i can stiffen them up first
cheers j

RS6 C7
i had 5 tins of metal billets in mine, i would say each was about 45kg, That was on standard suspension and it was lowwww

1.5 Clio Dynamique
just over a thousand thompson local books in the back of my old 1.2, it was slow enough without the weight (yes in hindsight it may of been too overweight :S)

Golf GTD Mk7
400-500kg? that mad! Our old berlingo works van only carried 500kg, you would be mad to put that much in a clio. 10 bags max IMO 250kg

It would be extreme, but I've had 5 big lads in mine, one in the boot, and it's not struggled. It was low though. Lol. 15 bags at a time should be fine

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
lol at 500kg. thats 5 circa 16 stone blokes in your boot. pmsl.

DB.

BMW 440i
I have had 450kg of people in my car before, was fine for half hour, took it easy obviously lol!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Who cares??

Just fit as much as you can in. I've had my van (renault trafic) scraping the floor carrying decking out of the yard. They offered to deliver but I showed them fcukers!!! (How to ruin a van.)

ph1 clio 172
its not just the weight side of it , its the police side as well dont want to get nicked , but 12 bags at a time spread around the car should be ok
some funny tales though
j

RS6 C7
Who cares??

Just fit as much as you can in. I've had my van (renault trafic) scraping the floor carrying decking out of the yard. They offered to deliver but I showed them fcukers!!! (How to ruin a van.)

And you showed how to get a £1000 fine for yourself and £1000 fine for your business + 6 points on your license for overloading.

clio 182 black /gold
I had this lot in my clio. It sure was low. Not sure of the weight though.
DSCF0785.jpg

DSCF0786.jpg

DSCF0787.jpg

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Ask someone with a bigger more practical car? I got my Dad to come and pick up some paving slabs for me as he has an L200 so made life much easier.

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
if yout going to do it then remove the rear seats,, keep the weight infront of the back wheels and over the wheels if needed.. any weight over the back of the boot ( behind rear wheels) will lower it far more than weight in front of the wheels.. hope thats makes sense..

ie.. dont put it on in the boot it will be to low.. try to spread the weight between the front and rear wheels

clio 1.2 2001 STD
if yout going to do it then remove the rear seats,, keep the weight infront of the back wheels and over the wheels if needed.. any weight over the back of the boot ( behind rear wheels) will lower it far more than weight in front of the wheels.. hope thats makes sense..

ie.. dont put it on in the boot it will be to low.. try to spread the weight between the front and rear wheels

makes perfect sense. over rear wheel only rear suspension will take the load. before rear wheel the front and rear suspension will take it ;)

CBR1000RR Fireblade
lmaooo. I had my saxo lowered 60mm on rear, and had 6 people in the car. any bump and it scraped, who cares do it till you feel thats enough, 3 trips tbh should do it.

i will see your 6 people and raise you a leather couch;

Image038.jpg

Image036.jpg

LOL @ the fork-drill! Never mind scraping your own arches etc, just remember to brake early enough to avoid scraping anyone elses property!

Circa 1670 KG with your proposed 500 KG of cement plus yourself... no thank you :eek: Anyone who remembers Newton's second law from physics will realise it'll take you roughly 50% longer to stop from a certain speed.

EDIT: Nevermind, I see you're in Norwich, meaning you probably won't be crashing into me.