ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MOT advisory on wheel

Mavez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio & No Megane
Hey,

I had an MOT on my Clio the other day and it passed but with a weird advisory on the offside front wheel unable to rotate while in the air (on the lift). Now I had it at home the previous week on stands checking the car and found no problem with it, and when I got home after the MOT did exactly the same and was able to rotate the wheel with no problem.

Anyone encountered this or had similar issues?

thanks

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
All four wheels are supposed to rotate freely in order to pass an MOT.

Are you sure that's what it said??

Mavez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio & No Megane
Yeah he said that when it was in the air the wheel wouldn't rotate but when it was on the ground for the brake test everything was fine? I was like uh ok, so that's why i checked it when I got home and was able to move it without any problem? Weird... Just wondered if anyone had ever experienced the same?

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
They won't offer a retest when it's already passed, it was only an advisory by the sounds of things.

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
it was prob just binding slightly so wont rotate freely so not able to check the wheel bearing fully. tester just trying to cover his ass by the sound of it.