ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MOT Advisory

Clio Mk2 1.2 16v
Hello all!
Wondering if I could get some clarification on an advisory I had on my Clio back in April. It's a Mk2 phase 2 ('99-'04).

Advisories:
- Nearside Rear Suspension arm corroded but not seriously weakened (5.3.3 (b) (i))
- Offside Rear Suspension arm corroded but not seriously weakened (5.3.3 (b) (i))

I've consulted my local mechanic who said:
I think they may have listed it as a rear suspension arm but the clios are a solid rear axle so they may mean the front suspension arms but the rear section on them.

Anyone else had this come up as an advisory/fail and, if so, would my mechanic be correct with what he said? I don't fancy paying to have the wrong parts to change then end up having it potentially fail next year.

Many thanks in advance.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
I think they do mean the rear beam.

If it was just a part of the front arm that was corroded, they would still have said front arm corroded. They don't usually narrow it down to a specific area on a component like that.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Hello all!
Wondering if I could get some clarification on an advisory I had on my Clio back in April. It's a Mk2 phase 2 ('99-'04).

Advisories:
- Nearside Rear Suspension arm corroded but not seriously weakened (5.3.3 (b) (i))
- Offside Rear Suspension arm corroded but not seriously weakened (5.3.3 (b) (i))

I've consulted my local mechanic who said:

Anyone else had this come up as an advisory/fail and, if so, would my mechanic be correct with what he said? I don't fancy paying to have the wrong parts to change then end up having it potentially fail next year.

Many thanks in advance.
Get your mechanic to do a PRE-MOT check and see where there's corrosion?