ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MOT Checks

A4 130
Got my first legit-ish MOT in years on Sat. Apart from the usual lights, indicators, wipers, tyres. Is there anything else i really need to check.

The place seems quite thorough, so ill jack it up tomorrow and have a look underneath, anything in particular i should look out for??

Clio 197
-all bulbs working (incl indicators)
-headlight alignment
-all tyres
-any excessive movement in wheel & suspension components with wheel jacked up
- wipers clearing screen properly
- remove any fancy air fresheners from the rear view mirror
- check exhaust is not blowing
- number plates (and lights) in good order

Thats the obvious things i can think of, the girlfriends alfa 147 has just gone through the MOT yesterday (& failed on headlight alignment) hence why it is fresh in my mind.

Seat Ibiza
if your jacking up check your wheel bearings...just spin them up and listen and also check for play!
for head light alignment just park up infront a wall and check they are level and not stupidly low or high.
I'd also take it for a little run before you take it there to get it warm, sometimes they dont get it totally warm then it could fail emissions...
Im sure your be fine thou mate :)

F56 MINI Cooper S
headlight alingment - do they need to go up and down? what if theyre stuck on a certain setting

Seat Ibiza
They dont need to be able to go up and down, but if they are stuck on a setting thats too high/low and they wont adjust, they will fail...
I think most garages are pretty laid back unless like i say they are way out of adjustment...!