ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MOT Fail 182

M3 SMG
I seem to attract broken springs, had to replace them twice on my M3.

Clio just failed its MOT on a broken coil spring on the passenger side. Is this a common thing?

Price from Renault is ludo :(

M3 SMG
Springs ideally shoud be replaced in pairs, but I didn't bother on the M3 and had no issues. The reason they break is the poor standard of quality.
I don't really wanna dick around with the ride quality so not really wanting eibachs tbh

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Springs ideally shoud be replaced in pairs, but I didn't bother on the M3 and had no issues. The reason they break is the poor standard of quality.
I don't really wanna dick around with the ride quality so not really wanting eibachs tbh

Get it up to jms, they will sort you out.

Perhaps the broken springs are consistent with the same roads you may be using?

Steve

Ve

M3 SMG
I really don't want Eibachs :(

I adore how it drives (Seemingly broken lol!) but I don't wanna mess around with it. Plus its hassle when i come to sell etc.

Might get the matches out and order me a 200 :rofl:

FYI Tom, M3 springs are cheaper than Renault ones LOL!

Black Clio GT
get the prolines as they dont lower much and if you think it drives well now them im sure you will find its even better with pro's on!!

Artic Blue 182 FF
The Eibachs don't really change the handling of the car that much. My friend bought a set due to snapping a coil on his front passenger spring and Renault wanted silly money for a replacement spring.. Eibachs lower the car by almost nothing.. after replacing these with coilovers I borrowed the Eibachs... definitely no loss of comfort and much better in corners. Nice upgrade, springs are black aswell so its not even a noticable change in looks. To the casual eye they look standard. H:approve: They dont break and come with a guarantee. Win Win!

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
I've had Eibach Sportlines on a Ph2 172, I didn't think ride comfort was compromised at all and handling was improved.

172 cup
5 year guarantee for a full set of springs for £135. Cant go wrong. In all honestly with standard shocks the ride is improved. Not harsh at all

M3 SMG
Mat came to the rescue with the springs off his cup packed 182 so swapping them over now, alot cheaper than £300 for 2 new springs :( lol

clio 182 cup
SPRINGS SNAP FOR FUN ON ALL MARK 2 CLIOS, ALTHOUGH, COUNCELS FETISH FOR SPEED BUMPS DONT HELP. I GOT MY SPRINGS FOR 40QUID EACH FRONT, 30QUID REARS, AN THE GOOD THING IS THE FRONT STRUTS DONT NEED COMPRESSING ON 172, 182 SPORTS. DONT WORRY BOUT DOING THEM IN PAIRS, I DONT, YOU WOULD IN AN IDEAL WORLD, BUT THEY ALSO SAY YOU SHOULD REPLACE TYRES IN PAIRS TOO, SOD THAT.:)

M3 SMG
Some people must be on eibachs commision ;)

I would of if I was 100% sure I wouldnt sell for a while. Im happy with it relatively standard