ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mot fail or not?

Clio Sport 172
my girlfriend has run her pads right down so theres no material on them. When i had a look at it the other day im prety sure the score is in the centre of where the pad material is, approx 1-1.5 mm wide, wil i get away with just putting new pads on it, or wil it fail the mot which is due next week due to the scored disc? Or do i have to change the discs aswel?

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
i think if the pad depth is less then 1.5 mm then yeah that's a fail. i saw a mot fail sheet someone brought in for some parts at work today and im pretty sure that's what it said.

RB 182 cup
yeh if there metal to metal its a fail, below 1.5mm is the rule but you have to guess it really as you cant really see.

oh and a buckled wheel is not a fail unless it causes the tyre to catch on something etc

Clio Sport 172
ok guys, the score sits about 20mm in from the edge of the disc so roughly in the center of the area that the pad wil contact, appox 1.5-2mm wide, 1-1.5mm deep, and it is only on the outside edge of the drivers side disc, other side of the disc is fine and the passenger disc is fine.. As for pads, i bought a set earlier to fit tomorow, but i dont know wether to change the discs or if it wil pass with the current ones on it?

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
get new discs mate, they arent that much, i always fir need discs on all my cars when i change the pads.

if this is on one of the rear disks, id change it asap...

they are very thin..and fragile...

not the best..