ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mot fail sheet as follows....

CLIO-Si

ClioSport Club Member
  1.6Si + 182
just got the pink slip half hour ago and it reads,

main bits would be...

lambda reading fail co reading ok-fast idle read 1.069 2nd fast idle was 1.082

o/s front sub frame attachment bracket mounting bolt missing

steering rack insecure +power steering inoperative

a few bulbs and hazards arent working without ignition.

got my 10 working days for doing this but anyone have any thoughts or ideas??

going to try my old hazard switch from my cat c clio,lambda sensor also,

steering rack only needs tightened supposedly as with subframe just needs a/the bolt,
my power steering problem could maybe get sorted with the fully fixed rack??maybe? if not then im stuck for how to get my power steering working,maybe flush system?how can i check the pumps condition?

also told about but not on my list is one missing nut from the higher dogbone bolts and ive threded the anti-roll bar bolt so cant get a nut on it,

05 IO 182 cup
My 182 failed on the lambda test, i got 1.08 as well - had my exhaust sealed with paste and the bracket was refitted with lock nuts - passed with no problems after that.

not too sure on the rest mate but sure somone will be along shortly

CLIO-Si

ClioSport Club Member
  1.6Si + 182
tightened up steering rack today and put bolt into subframe,that with the lights and hazards are now sorted,

powersteering is still the same-tempory working,sitting on the spot with revs up to around 2k the pump has enough power to give me good steering but when on idle it cant power the steering,

i have a cat c write off clio witch looks like it has the same p/s pump but different location(as its the 1.6 8v ?)
also noticed spare connections for headlights,black and blue wires but not connected on both sides,on the drivers side thou it looks melted somehow?

the lambda sensor is different connection and different location in my spare clio so unsure about that,been told that cos the cars been of the road for a few months it could just be needing more of a drive about to sort it? the sensor is also a short one which is on my 8v and the 16v has a little wee chamber thing against the nut to the exhaust.

any help or ideas anyone?

CLIO-Si

ClioSport Club Member
  1.6Si + 182
the fluid level has dropped 10mm by me bleeding by going from full lock to full lock,the level is above the specified max mark by maybe 20mm so that maybe be a factor??
my spare clio is a 8v and the ps pumps look the same but the one on my 16v struggles with the 17"s when my 8valver pump use to love the 17"s