ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MOT Fail

Renault Clio 172 Cup
My 172 cup has just been MOT'd and failed on 2 things.

001 Nearside track rod end ball joint has excessive play [2 . 2 . B . 1f]

002 Rear brake load sensing valve seized [3 . 6 . E . 3]

What part do i need for the first fail? I've found a few online but unsure which one to get? Do i need a cup only part?

Second fail. What should i do about that? A new sensor or can the old one be freed off?

Appreciate any help, thanks!

LY FF182
You want the Lemforder Item from Euro, It's the same for all sports.

The document for the rear brake thing is to say that cups don't need as high amount of rear braking as normal rules state.. Doesn't mean you can pass with a seized valve or zero% rear brakes. Too many people think it's ok to have no rear brakes at all or something not working just because there's a vosa document allowing them to have slightly lower braking efficiency!!!

Get under the car with some decent penatrant fluid like WD40 (WD probably won't be strong enough though) and some mole grips and wiggle it back and forth until it moves freely or replace with one that's ok

Renault Clio 172 Cup
You want the Lemforder Item from Euro, It's the same for all sports.

The document for the rear brake thing is to say that cups don't need as high amount of rear braking as normal rules state.. Doesn't mean you can pass with a seized valve or zero% rear brakes. Too many people think it's ok to have no rear brakes at all or something not working just because there's a vosa document allowing them to have slightly lower braking efficiency!!!

Get under the car with some decent penatrant fluid like WD40 (WD probably won't be strong enough though) and some mole grips and wiggle it back and forth until it moves freely or replace with one that's ok
Track rod end is sorted now. I've been under car and the rear load sensor has been tie wrapped up and is held in place there, it has a little bit of movement but not a lot. The garage I took it to are saying i need to get a rod and spring fitted, they didn't say anything about the tie wrap.