ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mot failed on co2 emissions

Afternoon all,

Quick question really, are there any common emission faults with the 182's i.e sensors etc and anything to check for?

Reason i ask is that i just had my trophy mot'ed and it failed on co2 emissions as apparently it should be under 0.7 and its reading 2.7? and he has confirmed that the exhaust although rusting (suprise!) is not blowing.

The car has not stretched its legs in 5 weeks due to getting the dampers sorted so i've asked the garage to take it for a blast down the motorway to clear out the crap built up and hopefully that should sort it.

Thanks

My 182 failed on emissions at 6 times over the legal limit. It was down to the exhaust being knackered in my case, but sometimes it can be a sensor issue. The engine management light came on in mine too.

Cheers for the reply and :eek: at 6 times!?! I have not got an emissions light at the moment but I will be replacing the exhaust soon with a decent stainless item.

Evo 8 MR
Usually they just rev the car at 3k rpm for 5 minutes and then re-test. If it still fails then YOU should floor it down the motorway to clear it out.

If it fails after that then you have a problem.

Yep I do trust my mechanic but judging by the MPG figure when I picked it up from MOT I think he'd floored it somewhere to try and clear it out ;)

Also a quality stainless exhaust ftw! I've had a Janspeed Supersport on for a month now and it is much better quality than the standard one and the sound - wow :)