ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MOT is booked

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
if its not there i think its ok, but it is and i think the tread is ok, ill have a look later

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Check your brake discs n pads .Windsreen washer bottle should have some in . You don't need a spare wheel , if your in doubt about it just take it out .All tyres in good , legal condition .Horn should be working .As said , all bulbs shoulb be working , wipers in good condition .

More info here :

http://www.motester.co.uk/cog.html

www.renparts.co.uk
check CV gaitors on 172's specifically, common thing as clip breaks quite a lot.. also don't know about ph1's but mk2 ph2's have a lot of dodgy hazard light switches..

BMW 320d SE
I may be wrong here but im sure if a car comes with a spare wheel as standard (I know the 182's don't) then it has to be present and the tyre has to be legal.

Sorry mate, but that's not true. The spare isn't covered by MOT iirc.

Clio 1.2 Dynamique
Booked mine in the other day, had the MOT yesterday.
Nothing wrong with car as far as i was aware...

The guy from Renault comes back and goes
"All done mate :)...It failed..."

Needless to say, how annoyed i was at finding the bill was £160 to fix my car!

Nevermind, it happens!

www.renparts.co.uk
Booked mine in the other day, had the MOT yesterday.
Nothing wrong with car as far as i was aware...

The guy from Renault comes back and goes
"All done mate :)...It failed..."

Needless to say, how annoyed i was at finding the bill was £160 to fix my car!

Nevermind, it happens!
what was wrong with it?

Clio 1.2 Dynamique
Quote the form:
"Nearside front suspension joint has excessive play in a lower suspension joint"

Needed replacement parts...due to a lot of driving over speedbumps apparently. I blame the fact they put them in in the last year on my daily route!!!

Blown up 182 & Mondeo TDI

It is if its there, Im 99% sure of it!

Just asked my mate who is an MOT tester, his reponce
"Spare wheel is only looked at if its there as an advisory note as it not a legal requirement to carry one. The idea being to warn you that if its dodgy that you wouldnt be able to fit it."

Number plates, legally spaced and correct size.

LOL, if only I had asked you before i took mine in a few weeks back... i forgot to put my legal plates on :quiet:
Opps! Never mind at least it wasn't something major! What is it with number plates and Mot's! Mine needed a new bulb for the light that illuminates the rear plate, I checked all the bulbs except that one!

It is if its there, Im 99% sure of it!

I was quite sure too, can anyone shed any light on this!

330Ci M Sport
ooo this thread reminds me i best get mine sorted, got mine next week and currently have no rear number plate light, illegally spaced plates and a worn outside tread on my offside front tyre.....

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
lol well mines due in the 7th thought id get it in a bit early so if it fails ive still got time to get it sorted