ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MOT mixup - f**ked off

scuse the language, im not in a good mood. Ive been thinking about getting a BB Stainless exhaust with de-cat for some time now, as i knew that the exhaust i had was on its way out.
Well, I had my car motd yesterday, and theyve gone and stuck a brand new Renault exhaust on it, everything from the cat back. I dont know whether to try and sell the exhaust while its still new (would i get any money for it?) or just put off getting the BB stainless.
Its really annoyed me cos the decat and performance exhaust were the next step of what i want to do with the car and i cant really do any of the other steps till thats done.
Looks likely now that the car will stay as it is for at least another year.

did they ask you if you wanted the work done on the exhaust??

if not, demand they return it to how it was

If you asked them to get it through the MOT and do any repairs necessary then I think youre stuck with it.

However, if theyve done work (i.e. the exhaust) without your approval first, get them to take it off and youll get an MOT elsewhere.

Yeah, i guess i should have kicked up more of a fuss, it was at the garage i usually take it, the guy there knows me and always lets me know when theres something that needs doing cos i usually go for a performance item over the stock, but he wasnt there and someone else did it, he assumed that i would want anything done to pass the mot.

It does look like im stuck with it, i have put the exhaust in the for sale forum, but i doubt ill get any offers that would be worth my while.

Steve id go back and demand thay take it off and refund the money if you did not agree to the work thay have no right to do it, go get the bb exhaust you will not regret it

clare

yeah i agree, if you did not ask them to do the repairs, then they should not have done them.

have you actually paid for it yet, otherwise its your word against theirs!!!

Golf 1.4 TSI

go speak to your mate about the confusion and see if they would sort out the bb exhaust etc and take the old one back, surely they could use it again