ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MOT questions

S13
I've got to get an MOT at some point soon, will my car fail for:

Loose arch liners;
No arch liners;
Slightly buckled wheel on the back;
Generally looking ratty various coloured panels;
Indicators set in baseof mirrors;
Single wiper kit;
Extremely low suspension at the front but not so ridiculous at the back;
Exhaust held on by 2 clamps, a random bit of pipe and hopes & dreams at the centre section?

Probably should have thought about this before I did these various things but it's a bit late now. Mechanically she's pretty sound, always been a decent runner (touch wood), she's just a bit.. battered and bruised.

Is there anywhere I can look up like MOT specifications? I did Google a bit but I didn't find much.

Cheers,

Rob.

Lionel Richie
loose arch liners will fail
no arch liners will pass

wheel is a possible

everything else seems ok

exhaust maybe a dodgy one

S13
Right I'll be taking the arch liners out and putting the steels on then.

I'll guess I'll just have to pray the exhaust goes through 'cos I simply cba to change it again.

Thanks for the info Fred.

S13
It's too late for her I think.

I just can't decide whether or not to fork out the £5/600 it'd probably cost to get her looking tip top or leave her ratty cos I do quite enjoy people looking at my car and thinking what the actual f**k is that.

But then I might enjoy people looking at and thinking that's a nice little Clio I suppose. Hmmmmmmmmm! Decisions decisions. It's a nice place to be on the inside, clean with various gadgets and decent sounds but on the outside it looks like I've rolled it down a cliff and crashed into a paint factory lol!

no arch liners will pass

wheel is a possible

everything else seems ok

Get the pics of your car up and let us see :)

I'd remove arch liners for Mot to solve that issue

But as Fred says the Exhaust may fail :S

S13
no arch liners will pass

wheel is a possible

everything else seems ok

Get the pics of your car up and let us see :)

I'd remove arch liners for Mot to solve that issue

But as Fred says the Exhaust may fail :S

I haven't got any recent pics of it I'm afraid. I'll just have to chance it, it's more effort than it's worth changing the exhaust over imo. Arch liners will be coming out so hopefully she'll go through - she's no death trap but she aint pretty!

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
i think your wiper needs to clear a certain percentage of your windscreen. is your exhaust aftermarket, coz you could fail on emmissons.
also if the cars too low to go on a ramp its a fail.