ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MOT related question

MOT goes out of date next week, had it tested today failed on brakes and shock rear.

Getting work done at garage tomorrow morning, but i need to drive in to work and hoem tonight, is that ok?

Thanks

330i. E30 Touring.
Yep, all's well and good until the expiry date, i'd imagine.

Also, if yours is a 172 Cup, and it's failed on rear brake efficiency, it's balls. There's a get out clause.

Its rear shock they said was the main fail, flipping garage tried to said i couldnt take the car and had to give them £400 for one shock and brake pads, they can go figure!

330i. E30 Touring.
Flol.

Rear shocks are £50 each from Renault, IIRC. Rear pads will be less than £30 I imagine, and both easy enough to fit yourself.

Change both rear shocks though, while you're at it.

You can drive to and from an mot centre but not anywhere else if it fails. For example if you passed an mot today and for a giggle got another at a different garage a day later and it fails you dont then have a year to get another.

Last edited:
You can drive to and from an mot centre but not anywhere else if it fails. For example if you passed an mot today and for a giggle got another at a different garage a day later and it fails you dont then have a year to get another.

I ahve booked it into another garage near my work who are reasonable. But they cant do it until the morning, and in the mean time i need to drive 40miles home and then back in the morning, is that ok??

Now Sold :-(
I ahve booked it into another garage near my work who are reasonable. But they cant do it until the morning, and in the mean time i need to drive 40miles home and then back in the morning, is that ok??

Technically no as your car is not roadworthy hence failing the MOT. As earlier stated the fact you have failed = the current MOT no longer being valid. To be honest chances of you being stopped is nil.