ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mot - Stripped Interior

Merc Coupe V6 AMG
I was told i need my back seats put in!!! why?? i dont get it. surely its not a hazard if theres no back seats as no one will be sitting there.

rear seatbelts i can understand as they have to test them, but making you put in seats is a bit silly.

Merc Coupe V6 AMG
they said i need to put them back in, for them to pass me??? i laughed at him, but he said he was serious. so i gotta go back next week, but i wanna no any1 from here has passed with the same problem.

172 phaseII
right iirc: something along the lines, if theyre is seatbelts visible in your car, the backs seats need to be there. i f you havent there shouldnt be any problem!

Golf GTI 1.8T
just have to throw the seats in, forget about bolting down then mate. does seem a silly rule but can see where they are coming from.

Merc Coupe V6 AMG
there is nothing for the seat belts to connect into too, as i have removed them. im intrested to see if anyone else had a problem with it

there are alot of loop holes in an MOT so ive heard!! im pretty certain u dont need rear seats or belts!!!

just like if you cover up your rusty rotten sills with a plastic bag they cant do anything coz they arnt allowed to remove it!!!!!

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
I've had my last 3 cars pass no probs...tell him to go read his MOT book..the gimp!

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
if there are no seats there and no seat belts, i dont think its an issue.... i have never had that problem before.

only thing some snot nose MOT tester got me for was having a gps thiny stuck in my windscreen.... he failed the car then told me there were no free retests.....

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat
You do not need rear seats a long as you don't have the rear seatbelts in. All rear seat belts have to be removed.

Mine below can pass its MOT quite happily (just need to get a horn) so i shouldnt worry about rear seats lol

trackcar4.jpg

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
yep. as said above.

it total crap.

my 172 passed through it's MOT with a stripped out interior and buckets. and that was at Renault.

if you have no rear seats then there is no need for rear seatbelts......or door linings or roof lining or soundproofing. ;)

mk1 phase 3
mine is stripped out and it passed the mot! and whoever said about the harness in that clio above they are 'proper' seatbelts! if they wernt safe colin macrae wouldnt use them would he:dapprove:

ollie_yesclio said:
mine is stripped out and it passed the mot! and whoever said about the harness in that clio above they are 'proper' seatbelts! if they wernt safe colin macrae wouldnt use them would he:dapprove:

Not so, not all are E marked so they technically wouldnt pass..