ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MOT time again

That time of year again (only let it run out a month this time before I realised). 2 ball joints and a brake flexy plus two tyres required. Order braided line set and two ball joints from bbperformancetuning on thier website. They came in two days, which is damn good since it had to travel to Scottish Isles, recommend thier website and speedy service. I now know what I am doing tommorrow afternoon, fitting this. Whats a good tyre on a 205/45 by 16 that too pricy as I am skint the now, any suggestions. Also anybody done the ball joints, pain to do, or a doddle.

Alex M

Trophy

Had mine on wednesday....

Passed first time!

They even put some water in my washer bottle and adjusted my headlights F.O.C.

For people who are local, they are The Forge Garage, Higham on the Hill 01455 213044

Mat.

Split the ball joints off with a ball joint splitter or a large hammer. Unbolt them from the wishbone and bolt on the new ones. Re-connect the hub and away you go.

The rear lines are a bit of a pain, take the spare wheel cage off (mine never went back on!) and its easier...

done ball joints and braided lines onto front, but dont know if I can be assed doing the back flexys as I am cheesed off with car being in bits in my garage, so might just leave it and do them another time, they look in fairly good nick no cracking. Front ball joint clamp bolts sheared on strip on both sides, pain in the arse to punch out, and I was worried at putting strain on driveshafts and pulling them out of box. Other than everything being stubborn to release, had to put a torch to a couple of bolts, not too bad a job if anybody else is going to tackle them.

Alex M