ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MOT

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v

failed a few things apparently, but not sure what it actually failed on, and what he decided he was wanting to comment on.

Failed on a leaky rear wheel cylinder - fair enough, it happens, its being replaced

Excessive rise and fall on the nearside front disc - and although he noted this and told me about this when he said it had failed, Ive been told this isnt a fail as long as the brakes pass on efficiency, how true is this?

Excessive handbrake travel and no recorded effort on one drum - again fair enough, but in the brake test box on the paperwork, hes passed the handbrake, and all the brakes on efficiency - ive also been told aslong as the handbrake holds, its a pass. So am i right on saying when it comes to a retest i dont actually have to worry about this?

Rear silencer blowing excessively - accepted, but id have thought id have noticed this, it sounds no different, and last time i was under the car i didnt notice anything unusual.

Misaligned headlights - fair enough, i set them very roughly when i fitted them and never got round to getting them aligned properly.

leaking cv boot, fair enough, the tie had snapped and i couldnt get a jubilee clip big enough so put another tie on (not tightly enough), he said to replace the boot with a rubber one as another tie would just snap again on a plastic boot (feels rubber to me, could be wrong though!), so ill fix it with a jubilee clip and save myself the hassle of changing a boot! this sound ok? he also commented on the other boot, but apparently couldnt tell if it was leaking or was just grease from me previously changing the clip... makes you wonder...!

I was also quoted £450 for parts and labour, priced everything myself, £16.50 for a wheel cylinder, £20ish for standard discs, £56 inc fitting for a standard rear silencer.

what you guys think? taking the piss?