ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

motor trade insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Clio 172 cup
hi all, was just wondering how easy it is to set up a business in car valeting or used car sales, not particularly to make money but just to get motor trade insurance? and also how i would go about doing it? thanks

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Flol!!

Yeah it's dead easy and cheap. You can drive a Lamborghini etc. Can't believe nobody else has thought of it.

Who lets these toads join the forum?! Seriously. Something needs to be done. It's like the special Olympics of the forum world in here sometimes.

Clio 172 cup
Flol!!

Yeah it's dead easy and cheap. You can drive a Lamborghini etc. Can't believe nobody else has thought of it.

Who lets these toads join the forum?! Seriously. Something needs to be done. It's like the special Olympics of the forum world in here sometimes.

what a bellend you are.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Really?

Or is the person asking how to set up illegal insurance a bellend?

I'll let you decide.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
You've pissed me off now so i'm going to explain why your idea is so monumentally idiotic.

I pay £xxxx a year to insure my (legitimate!!) car sales business.
I am insured to carry up to £150,000 worth of stock, I have 4 drivers on the policy. No names but I can employ 4 people to drive for me and they are covered. myself my partner and our wives are all covered for personal use. This is an extra. 'Trade' use stops at 6pm unless you've got very good reason to be doing otherwise. Did you think of that?
Everytime I/we get pulled, which is a lot because none of the cars show up on the MID, we have to go through a lot of aggro to prove that we are legit.
When one of my drivers crashed my transit van up in leeds, I had a full on police enquiry which was all part of the investigation. I had to prove that the van was there for trade purposes, I had to provide a bank statement showing i'd paid for the van, I had to show an invoice where I purchased the van from and I also had to print off emails from the Ford dealer I had literally just bought the van from because the police didn't believe why I was in Leeds and thought my driver was on personal business not trade business.

Had I had a normal persons insurance policy this would have been dealt with in days. She had the accident in january and its still going on now.

SO yes, I do have trade insurance and yes it is cheap for the level of cover I get (I can drive any car to the value of £50,000 fully comprehensively) but when people think they can set up a mickey company just to get trade insurance it winds me right up.

Also, I have to provide every 6 months, a letter from the DVLA to my insurance company to say that I have paid for my trade plates. The insurance company want to make sure that I am legal and above board.

So yeah, I'm a bellend.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Ive suggested an IQ test many times.

Just waiting for the final beta testing to complete.

Trade insurance is easy to get. Just lie. You won't get caught.

Pm ryanhavana for best rates. Hes a trader on here.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
do you run a decat in your car?

I'm not sure a Mercedes sprinter needs one.

My track car doesn't have a cat but then its not road legal. Because its a track car.

My wifes Toyota Rav4 has the cat in it still.

What is your point? Are you implying that me having a decat in my imaginary car is the same standard of offence as someone setting up a fake business to fraudulantly obtain car insurance?

Because if you are, you are a very special breed of human. One that I normally see on the back of the bus tasting the windows.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Lol.

But Daniel, surely you can just drive a Lamborghini on trade plates?

No pesky tax to worry about either.

Win win, and a piece of piss.

Why aren't we all doing it?

Clio 172 cup
You've pissed me off now so i'm going to explain why your idea is so monumentally idiotic.

I pay £xxxx a year to insure my (legitimate!!) car sales business.
I am insured to carry up to £150,000 worth of stock, I have 4 drivers on the policy. No names but I can employ 4 people to drive for me and they are covered. myself my partner and our wives are all covered for personal use. This is an extra. 'Trade' use stops at 6pm unless you've got very good reason to be doing otherwise. Did you think of that?
Everytime I/we get pulled, which is a lot because none of the cars show up on the MID, we have to go through a lot of aggro to prove that we are legit.
When one of my drivers crashed my transit van up in leeds, I had a full on police enquiry which was all part of the investigation. I had to prove that the van was there for trade purposes, I had to provide a bank statement showing i'd paid for the van, I had to show an invoice where I purchased the van from and I also had to print off emails from the Ford dealer I had literally just bought the van from because the police didn't believe why I was in Leeds and thought my driver was on personal business not trade business.

Had I had a normal persons insurance policy this would have been dealt with in days. She had the accident in january and its still going on now.

SO yes, I do have trade insurance and yes it is cheap for the level of cover I get (I can drive any car to the value of £50,000 fully comprehensively) but when people think they can set up a mickey company just to get trade insurance it winds me right up.

Also, I have to provide every 6 months, a letter from the DVLA to my insurance company to say that I have paid for my trade plates. The insurance company want to make sure that I am legal and above board.

So yeah, I'm a bellend.

i never once said that i wouldn't have a legitimate motor trade business did i?

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
So you want to get a Motor trade policy, without having a legitimate motor trade business?

Sh*t, that sounds like a good idea, I might do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.