ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Motorbike Insurance

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
I am currently doing my CBT and expect to have passed in about 8 weeks. Bought my 1st bike (Suzuki Bandit s600) and want to get it insured while it is sat on my driveway until I have passed. As I dont have a full licence yet they are wanting to charge me over £100 a year more. I wont be riding the bike at all until I have passed my test so is there any way around this? I spoke to some insurers who all said they would lower the premium after I pass my test but charge an admin fee for this.

Thanks for any help

AK

M240i
Slightly illegal but you could just say that you have passed?

LOL on second thoughts.. best not ....

2001 172
why insure it? declare her sorn, lock her up and remove the back wheel to stave off the temptation of going for a thrash

good starting bike by the way !

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
If your not going to be riding it will no where offer you just fire and theft cover? and as shaun say just put it off the road to avoid the temptation

What about family members who could insure it for you?

Really good starting bike!

There seems to be quite a few bikers/clio owners in the northeast might have to organise a ride upto the hartside in the summer, should be a laugh.

2001 172
I bought a gsxr 750 k5 and didnt insure it until the summer. I had to literally remove the back wheel to avoid me getting up one day and thinking "sod it, I'll just take her for a blat down the bypass, noone will see me". I imagine the temptaion will be even worse to a new "illegal" rider.

Clio 200 LY/SV650S
mite as well insure it, least building your no claims while your learning!
Should do the course in blackburn, 3 day course cbt to A2 license.
Cost me £250 if i remember rightly and I had zero prior experience and had me license in 3 days :D
Good starting bike btw, I started on a sv650

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
Gonna store it at the place where I take my lessons and it will be covered by their insurance. Shame as I would have liked to have it at home. best to be safe rather than sorry I guess.

Clio 1.4 16v Dymanique
im 17 and have a Honda VFR400 in mint condition for its age being a 1990.. stupidly quick and handles like the dogs on the corners!

might as well just wait till you have passed, its not that expensive to get insured on a bike these days anyway..

Clio Cup/GSXR 600
pretty sure ebike insurance (online) will cover a bike just fire and theft, i.e. not 3rd part so it can be insured whilst not being used. I found them cheapest by far as well for my Gixer 600.