ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Motorbikes

Mk4 .:R32
Wow. Went on the back of my mates CBR 600 today, and it takes the piss how much faster they are than most cars. First time I've ever been on a bike and I was astonished to be honest. Theres just a huge surge of power through to the redline. Its ridiculous.

Loved it, makes me want a bike even more now!

Looks like this one

cbr600lhf99.jpg

182trophy & Williams
only ever been on a bike once and tha was an R1, dont think i'll ever experience power like that again. i'll admit the first time he wrapped it i was quite scared.mind blowing. did 150 no worries

clio 172,astra 1.6, rs125
id love one, even if it was only a 125 (then i wouldnt have to take my test)

80MPG BEEZA
been on back of a loads of quick bikes cbr600,fireblade,blackbird,thundercat all my dads did 160mph with me on i was twidling my thumbs mainly his fat ass deflecting all the wind, power off the line in the thundercat was pretty immense, he has an r1 now which i havent been on, ive rode a few bikes mainly 250c, i'd love to have done my full test but i know fine well i'll kill myself

80MPG BEEZA
id love one, even if it was only a 125 (then i wouldnt have to take my test)

i had a xt125 was real slow but still fun if i hadnt been on it a while

best fun to buy is a 125cc pit bike power/weight is great my bro has one and it power wheelies in 3/4 gears only around £600 for one so great value

fiesta zetec s mk5 / 182
gsxr750 is pure sex!! my mate has a busa in rizla colours its the only 1 in the country and he did it himself!

Mk4 .:R32
I think I would kill myself if I got a 600cc + bike. In fact I couldn't get one yet anyway! We did 120 chocolate buttons down some very small roads and I feared for my life, but its suprising how well it gripped to the road.

182 inside
had an indicated 199mph on the R1 with radar gun on airstrp. The engine was rebuilt to yamaha race spec which cost £3K alone.

I'd love a bike, and my Dad has always had them, and I've been on the back, but I would kill myself I think, and I'm a bit scared of being hit off by car drivers too.

leon cupra R
bikes are fun my first time on the back of my mates dads bike 'ninja' changed me completly and i sold up and did my test etc

ive owned 5 bikes so far 2 gsxr 600 2-zx6rs and a s**t 125 mito lol

heres my current bike
kkkkjld8.jpg

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
I can't wait for the summer to get out on mine more.

I went out yesterday on mine, the roads were wet and still had salt on. So I had to wash it when I came back.

IMO a modern 600 is all you need on the roads.

big red bus
agree dan. a 600 is the best all rounder, can do 160 if its a sports bike, and would piss all over 1000cc's in the twistys.

Im fooking gutted im giving up for a while as im surrounded by bikes :(

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
I had to give up for a bit, when i was younger and needed a car for winter travelling to work.

It was heartbreaking in the summer seeing bikes blast around on a sunny morning.

I lasted a year and bought an old NC30 for fun.

I just went from there trying to build my way back up to a decent bike again, it took 3 years to get my bike now from a £900 bike with no loans etc, just buying and selling bikes.

Exactly my ZX636 has no problem with 160. But I would go for a GSXR750 K7though, my mates is so brutal.

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
Never rode a 675, but they are suppose to be awesome.

As kawasaki have gone back to the 599cc ZX6R, one of those may go on my shortlist for next time.

big red bus
i dont like the K6 onward gsxr's

im giving up due to my recent accident.

then when i have the metal taken out of my body im gona start green laning with ym mates as its more funt hen road riding tbh. i was getting a bit bored of road riding after just 3 years. recently i had just been offerd a chance to start bike racing, but had to decline.

i still want to build a streetfighter tho, a custom frame would set me back £4k :D

oh and no chicken strips here officer...
DSC00767.gif

and not evan any on the crappy michelin i got for commuting...
05122007052.gif

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
I have a Hornet 600 I use in the summer - it's only got like 95bhp or something but it's leagues faster than any car I've ever been in up to 140mph. It's unfaired so 140 is where you lose your battle with the wind heh.

Dan

big red bus
must have some majour power mods to reach 95bhp? or is that at the crank?

i had mine tested when it wasnt restricted and it had 80.6bhp at the rear wheel due to my stubby can loosing power.
And my mate has twin blueflame cans instead and makes 88bhp at the back wheel, but my bike was quick enough, but unfortunetly it was restricted due to my licance :(

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Was just going off the Honda figures, so probably at the crank yea. 05 plater, done about 4k miles - get all your fair weather biker jokes out the way now hehe ;)

Dan

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
I don't like the pre K6 600's. lol

I only just sold my KX250, 05. I was after a green laner but bought a crosser instead and just went up the local practice track. I had to sell that due to probelms with my shoulder.

If I had the time I would get a XR400 now and use throught the winter & green laning, I use to take my KX in the van over to South Wales in the middle of no where, as it's not road legal and go off from the day.. great fun.

Titanium 182 full fa
Out of interest who recently offered you a chance to start bike racing?
Nothing wrong with K6/K7 600 or 750 and the K6 1000 is fine...

Id say you still got 1/2" chicken strip left on the rear there chap.

i dont like the K6 onward gsxr's

im giving up due to my recent accident.

then when i have the metal taken out of my body im gona start green laning with ym mates as its more funt hen road riding tbh. i was getting a bit bored of road riding after just 3 years. recently i had just been offerd a chance to start bike racing, but had to decline.

i still want to build a streetfighter tho, a custom frame would set me back £4k :D

oh and no chicken strips here officer...
DSC00767.gif

and not evan any on the crappy michelin i got for commuting...
05122007052.gif

big red bus
was a friend of my mate who asked me.

well that pic was taken after a week of commuting and thats not a chicken strip, thats were i had melted the edges lol

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
My daughter on my mates APRILIA RSV-R 1000 millie , had this bloody thing stuck in my garage for 10 months, nice noise to it !
mollyblankze4.jpg

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
My daughter on my mates APRILIA RSV-R 1000 millie , had this bloody thing stuck in my garage for 10 months, nice noise to it !
mollyblankze4.jpg

Yep, thats what happens to most bikes. They spend most of year sat doing nothing in a garage.

My step-dads Blackbird has only been out twice in the last two years and that was just to go and get it MOT'd... waste of time having it imo.

Titanium 182 full fa
O right, any particular championship you was thinking of?

lol at melting the edges....how did you get the numbers so perfect on the edge of the tyre...?? I'll see if I can find a pic of my tyres when I get home...blue and melted..

well that pic was taken after a week of commuting and thats not a chicken strip, thats were i had melted the edges lol

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
mollyblankze4.jpg

Yep, thats what happens to most bikes. They spend most of year sat doing nothing in a garage.

My step-dads Blackbird has only been out twice in the last two years and that was just to go and get it MOT'd... waste of time having it imo.

I had it for 10 months while my mate was abroad with the armed forces

big red bus
O right, any particular championship you was thinking of?

lol at melting the edges....how did you get the numbers so perfect on the edge of the tyre...?? I'll see if I can find a pic of my tyres when I get home...blue and melted..

didnt find out all the details as it would just annoyed me as i couldnt do it.
Dont know bout the numbers fella, but they had metled right on the egde which was wierd. Let me try n find the pic of my mate who had melted his michelins in the similar way.