ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Motorsport Vision Half Cage (Info Needed)

Up rocks
Anyone have any dimensions or close up pics etc of the ex Motorsport Vision half cages? As i can't seem to find one for sale i was thinking of knocking one up. Any info/pics regarding fixing points would be handy along with tube diameters.

Please dont turn this into a 'whats the point in that type of cage etc' thread, as i've looked at others and the above is just what i'm looking for. :D

I've found some pics here already but any more info would be appreciated. :approve:

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=273464&highlight=vision+cage

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
after fitting one, and seeing the "fixing" points,

i would not wana roll over with one fitted!

Up rocks
Its not really for safety, stripped out my car and it just needs something to make it look a bit better, looks like a van at the minute.

Going against what Ben has said, It must of been good enough for a company such as MSV and Dr Palmer.

Must be better than not having one surely!

sm_wrc would be the best person to contact imo.

Up rocks
Going against what Ben has said, It must of been good enough for a company such as MSV and Dr Palmer.

sm_wrc would be the best person to contact imo.

Cheers will fire off a PM :)

My trusty lil 182 :)
Should be picking mine up tonight, will try and get some pics and measurments up if you haven't found any info by then. Let me know...
Kev

The fiting points will be strong enough, but its only a rear loop, Iv only got the rear part of my SD cage in and if the car rolled it could mean that the front is less rigid and would collaspe onto the driver

My trusty lil 182 :)
Hi didn't get round to measuring it last night, will try and do so over the weekend for you. Got some questions anyway which I will try and get answered before i give you dimensions.

Sunflower & Golf Mk6 BMT
after fitting one, and seeing the "fixing" points,

i would not wana roll over with one fitted!

Only proper weld in cages that cover the driver are safe.

I've seen pleanty of pics with caved in front roofs, in terms of safety a full roll cage is the only way to go.

Im sure how much protection a half roll cage is going to give, but as mentioned is prob better than nothing.

My thoughts exactly. If you have buckets and harnesses in the car the half cage will be better than having nothing at all I am sure.
I know a few cages which are just for looks have been proven to be more of a danger to the occupents when fitted in the event of a crash then not fitted at all.