ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Moulded boot builds

I have a Clio Dynamic 04 model and using the car not only for cruising but work.. and so i need a bit of boot space but want a good audio system. I have seen a few picutres and people have advised me to buy things like Genesis Profile P69s because apparently they are good little subs that fit in the 6x9 holes but im not sure.

My idea of what i want is something like this: http://www.cliosport.net/gallery/?gallery=icehttp://www.cliosport.net/gallery/?gallery=ice / The Servio Subiaurs Clio 172 setup in the boot. It is neat tidy and leaves room for tools. But how much would this cost and where could you get it done. I live In Chatham in Kent and dont really want to be travelling across the country to get to somwhere to fit it.

If any of you have any ideas or can help it would be appreciated.

Cheers

there are plenty of fibreglass/filler guides online, why not have a go yourself?

pretty easy if you take your time

failing that ... look on SQ plus for a bit of a guide (in installs, then mild i think)

i reckon though as its only a fiberglass sub box and securing an amp to the side no more than £400 at a guess.

Nike Lunar Elite's

Has anybody got any links to some guides for fibreglassing as I want to have a go as soon as I shift my old ICE. Anybody know any good places to purchase fibreglass from?

Its only a couple of days work, would be worth it in the end although your not gonna get a very good sounding sub if you dont know what your doing (cabinent vol etc).

E87 118i

one day i will attempt something like that.......always up for some DIY, need to get someone who knows what theyre doing

Polo + Micra

Quote: Originally posted by hydeyho on 04 May 2005
Has anybody got any links to some guides for fibreglassing as I want to have a go as soon as I shift my old ICE. Anybody know any good places to purchase fibreglass from?

http://www.cfsnet.co.uk/acatalog/CFS but when you order make sure you get everything you need cos p&p can be exspensive

Nike Lunar Elite's

Cheers for the links folks. I just got the stuff I needed from my local Halfords in the end. Started to build a box this morning. So far I have covered the inside of the arch with masking tape and have put 1 full layer of fibreglass in. Its not as difficult as I thought it would be. I will get some progress pics sorted.

Nike Lunar Elite's

Ive got a Phoenix Gold Xenon X12D4 going in. Ive got to find the required dimensions off the Phoenix Gold site. I can just changed the height of the box depending on the required volume.

Polo + Micra

how much was it from halfords?

when i had a look there it was like £10 for a 500ml resin kit:eek:

muz

big fat japanese bus

Those Halfrauds kits are an expensive way to go

You will need 4-5 layers of that to make it strong enough plus resin for plugging the gaps etc and MDF

It is very easy to do however, everyone should have a go however dont fdrive the car straight afterwards you will get very high :lol:

^^ sorry 4 or 5 layers for a sub box? would would defo need more than that!! on mine i used more than double than that, with 600gram matt, and its about 12-15 mm and thats boarder line IMO

Sorry i you werent refering to a sub box!!

Nike Lunar Elite's

Yep its definately the expensive way to go, I wasnt exactly sure how much I would need as Id never done it before, but I will be making a purchase off CFS later.

Nike Lunar Elite's

Quote: Originally posted by Piper on 08 May 2005
Yeah looks good mate, wht sub is goona go in there and wht vol will the final box be ?

After a quick calculation, the vol should be approx 1.8ft^3 which is just about right for the sub.

How many layers you gonna do hydeyho, as Rorrie said your gonna need as many as possible, sealed boxes need to endure alot of strain.

Nike Lunar Elite's

Not sure yet, will have to judge as I go along. Got 3 on so far and it is pretty tough but def wouldnt hold up to the vibrations of my sub. Prob go for about 8ish.

Nike Lunar Elite's

Just ordered £50s worth of stuff from CFS, should be plenty for what I need, should be here tomorrow so I can get some more done over the weekend.

Could you post your parts list from CFS mate, just so i can see what is need, reckon im gonna do one of these when i get my new car

Nike Lunar Elite's

Just had the stuff delivered to work.

Ive ordered >
2kg CSM 450g
5kg resin (they threw in the catalyst even though I didnt order it)
1ltr acetone
Filler

get back to work. i want to see more progress. looks smashin. Cant wait for the final product. and all from a FibreGlass newbie. Realling inspiring.

Nike Lunar Elite's

Cheers guys, its really not that difficult. The hardest part is building the foundations of the shape, not actually fibreglassing them. Will get more pics up later in the week.

Nike Lunar Elite's

Shouldnt be too long now, have got 6 layers of matting on the sub box and the door pod needs tidying up a little and preping. I havent started the 2nd door pod yet but they dont really take too long to sort out.

I got all my parts back from the bodyshop earlier, most have been fitted but I need to sort out the front splitter and bumper, plus the whole car needs a good polishing. Once thats been sorted I will crack on with the last pod.