ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mounting a screen

I have a 5.6" screen which is quite slim and comes with the standard swivel mounting stand.

Where have people mounted theirs?

I spose I could just stick it on the top of the dash, wouldnt look that good though.

Any suggestions or even better, pics would be appreciated.

Cheers
Ben

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

You have a mk1, yes??

Ive been having a look at mine today to see how easy or otherwise it would be to fit a screen. Ive seen it done where the two vents on the top of the dash were taken out and the screen was mounted in their place, which seems like the best option because you cant really build it into the dash unless you want to hack it to pieces. Other than that, you might be able to mount it in the passenger side sun visor if its slim enough, but Id imagine that would be a lot of hassle.

Rick

mdjones - just had a look at your car, thats a serious mount for the screen youve got there! Did you build it up from fibre glass and filler and then cover it?? It looks cool!!

Also what rear bumper is that???

Rick

I removed the dash,built a housing out of fibreglass, then fibreglassed it to the dash, and blended it all in, then got it covered in leather (which is expensive, its got stitching which makes it look even better) Its the only place i could think of that would be any good as the stand that was supplied with my screen is not even worth considering. Playstation ports are now mounted into the dash where the clock used to be, another touch.

Rear bumper is off of one of the clio kits that auto tint design supply cant think of the name

You the man!! The finished result looks wicked. Is the PS2 behind the dash then, near the heater controls??

Rick

Im guessing PS2 is somewhere else, but.. he has Controller extension cables going to the heater control bit!

Does look very good..

Daz.

The playstation 2 is mounted into the rear shelf, its been sunk into the shelf, fibreglass cover, smoothed in again and carpeted,can hardly be seen apart from the green and blue light when its turned on.