ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Move to 3.1

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Or hold out for pwnage tool?

I've been considering leaving jailbreaking behind but I'm not sure I could live without it.

If i move now I probably won't be able to jb ever again..help!

Cupra
I'm staying away until the dev team confirm they can crack it. I like the JB features too much to be without.

The only new features that sounds useful to me are:

• Use Voice Control on iPhone 3GS with Bluetooth headsets
  • Organize Apps in iTunes
  • Option to "Save as new clip" when trimming a video on iPhone 3GS
  • Improved Exchange calendar syncing and invitation handling

I saw a rumour on another site that battery life was improved but Apple aren't listing it so I guess it is just pipe dreams.

Last edited:
  Citroen DS3 DSport
The battery life on 3.1b3 was no different than on 3.0 and I don't expect the 3.1 public release to be any different. There are not many changes from 3.01 to 3.1 so I wouldn't rush to upgrade if JB is important to you. No doubt a JB will appear fairly soon anyway.

BMW F31
i left JB behind few months back, was slowing my 3G so much so that i would have to wait 5-6 secs for mail/messages to open etc.

just seemed to slow it down too much.

managed to keep the battery percentage from sbsettings which is useful though :p

3.1 doesn't seem to make much difference tbh.

Itunes 9 on the other hand is much better :)

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
I upgraded last night, hopefully there will be a jb soon, but I can live without it for now (although i'm missing SBSettings). All the apps i really seriously use i've bought, so its only things that i'm not majorly bothered about that i had obtained elsewhere lol.

They always say that at the start. Some geek is currently locked in his bedroom trying to work out a way around it.

It might not be instant, but it will appear.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
  • Use Voice Control on iPhone 3GS with Bluetooth headsets

I saw a rumour on another site that battery life was improved but Apple aren't listing it so I guess it is just pipe dreams.

Excellent, would make calling a lot more easier than scrolling through names.

How can software increase battery life? Does it make it software more efficient so less battery needed for some tasks?

Barge
They always say that at the start. Some geek is currently locked in his bedroom trying to work out a way around it.

It might not be instant, but it will appear.

So that's what you're doing tonight. ;)

x < to soften. :eek:

My iTunes pisch only says 3.0.1 is available?

Edit: It founded teh new updatez0rz.

RS Megane DCi 175
I've upgraded but ever since my smart playlists have been screwed - show up in reverse order! Seems like there are quite a few others out there too with the same issue!
Is this just a 3G issue or 3GS too?

Mondeo STTDCI
I upgraded and abandoned Jailbreaking. Too much time, little bit of doubt all the time if it goes wrong, and a bit slow.

I miss SBSsettings and Winterboard, But I'll cope.

Barge
I've just installed - or attempted to install - 3.1 and it's fubared. :dapprove: Just has the connect to iTunes screen up... :(

Barge
FLOL. Yes. It's still stuck on that screen. :( In the help crap it says keep it connected. And I've tried restarting the pc shed and hard resetting the iPisch.

Facelift R53 Cooper S
Since going to 3.1 the sms app has crashed a few times for me and thats never happened before........

Could be a coincidence but as i said, its never happened before

SLK 350
just got my 3gs today. Came with 3.1 installed. No JB for me then.

Apple owned :(

Wrong.

You CAN Jailbreak, you just can't (currently) unlock it due to the baseband upgrade, which plugs the vuln the Pwners have been using to insert their code.

Give it time, all will be well.

Since upgrading some of my albums which have various artists on show up numerous times with different artists under the album name. Very annoying!

RIP Dan
Roffle you will all go into coma mode when you upgrade and never get any calls/texts/mails intermittently again.