ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mpg etc on dash. need calibrating?

172 cup
just brought a clio cup 172. the mpg seems to work intermittently. 1 minute its working fine then its really slow. and its never showed below 30 mpg at any stage of me owning the car (4 days) do thesethings need re calibrating sort of thing now and again to keep them up to date? even when i put my foot down doing 100* its about 35-40 mpg? cant be right can it?

172 cup
yes i reset it. so can you explain to me how it works then please leigh? as i mentioned i have only had the car 4 days. im not a renault expert with this been the first. thanks

Well it will just tell you what mpg you have averaged since you last reset it. So it won't update in "real time" so to speak. After you reset it, it will update more regularly as you have travelled less distance, therefore easier to effect the average. Do 500 miles without resetting it and it will hardly change at all.

172 cup
that's excellent thanks alot. so after say 50 miles when it doesn't really move that's what im averaging. thanks again