ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MPG for a 1.2 16v?

1 Series Coupe
What should the MPG average be for a 1.2? Mine shows 30? I have reset the trip computer etc, and once it has finished flashing, it is about 30-32!

I would of thought the 1.2 should be pushing 45+..

The car isn't eating anymore petrol than it normally does..

Any ideas?

Cheers

Matt

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
I get 46ish mpg in mine mate.
How many miles you get to a tank, could be a problem with the computer?

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
i'm gettign 44 41 if i'm raggin it. but the other week when it was really cold and i was only going short journeys it was down in the mid 3os.

1 Series Coupe
Hmm.. Will look into it then. Will fill right up; as nearly empty.. Then see how many miles i get to the full tank!

Cheers.

LY 182
really depends alot on how you drive.
aircon on + driving enthusiasticly ranging to really trying to be economical i get anywhere from 20 to 50mpg.

1 Series Coupe
I have just been generally driving round town and the odd bit of A road.. so 25mph - 70mph...

LY 182
I have just been generally driving round town and the odd bit of A road.. so 25mph - 70mph...
its how you do it though - try crusing along constant revs constant throttle postition then reset the trip and watch it go up to stupid numbers like 80.
then constantly on and off the throttle watch it fall to 20

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
i was on the motor way doign about 58 when ireset my meter and i think it went upt o about 92mpg, then it started to drop off and settled at 48, but when you just reset it it constantly shifts, even a slight dab of the throttle put the mog into a tail spin, but the longer you leave it for the more stable the result. the main problem is your town driving, if its mainly town then your down below for all the stop start, irst and secont gear, possibly hard accelerating, my problem is that non of the lights in my are are on flat land they are all on hill, either half way up or at the botom of a vale, so when you stopp at them your going up hill with alot of strain ont he engine.
if you done more motor way miles you would see a drastick increase in your mpg.
try friving every where are 1500 rpm and changin up idealy at 2100 but no more than 2500 and keep to the speed limits, and take a while to get to those revs will add loads, but you could be late.
also check your tyre pressure,s they should be about 28-30psi, all round for normal use and upto 32 on the front for motorway. also take as much crap as you can out your car, if you have any thing un essential in the boot, leave it at home. i'm tempted to remove the back seats as an experiment o see how much difference they make ot my economy, all i use them for is a boot extention any way, only had people in them 3 times in the past year.

i dont bother looking at the trip computer anymore, it lies

i usually get 100 miles out of £10, and thats just driving around town

i dont bother looking at the trip computer anymore, it lies

i usually get 100 miles out of £10, and thats just driving around town

Its very accurate realy if you give it time to settle. I tested it and over read by 0.5% over 10k. However the inacuracies i put in it were probably more than 0.5 % so it could have been spot on.

Dip

04 Clio 16V Dynamique
As above its pretty much accurate, Mine averaged 43ish since Mid December with motorway miles.

Sunflower & Golf Mk6 BMT
I use to have a 1.2 Corsa I know its a different car but its still a 1.2.

I could not for the love of god get it to do more than 39 mpg. Most times I would see 36-37 and that was real carful driving.

Dont forget in cold weather you will lose mpg.

1.2 16valve sport
my clio averages 40 with aircon off and a mix of town and dual carrigeway driving. Sometimes goes up

When it was misfiring it was doing around 30, if i think if your getting around 28-32 mpg it would be something to check out

my clio averages 40 with aircon off and a mix of town and dual carrigeway driving. Sometimes goes up

When it was misfiring it was doing around 30, if i think if your getting around 28-32 mpg it would be something to check out

I know the reason mine is only 32.6;)

Shed.
32.6mpg.

Always doing short journeys, gear changing and a lot of rush hour, town driving.

Reset it and cruse at 30mph-60mpg
Cruise at 40 - 55+
60mph - About 47mpg over a long distance
70 - about 43-45 ish.

lowest ive seen so far - 28mpg

Load of s**t lol i dont know how you lot manage to get these figures.

BMW M135i
Mine was abysmal before I got rid, not going by the trip comp actually working it out I got 35mpg at best! I get more from my 172 ffs, although I imagine something may have been wrong with it (might have been me!).

172 FF
lol not really lowest ive ever got is 29 thats ragging it in a 172 ff if you drive granny style you get about 36ish easy !!! and i used to get more than that until i had my cambelt changed as the timing was out slighty!!

I reset mine everytime I fill up, but used to get 34mpg in the old 172, and am getting about 31mpg in the 182.

G/f gets about 42mpg in her 1.2 16v btw.