ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mpg how many do u get

Weeman sucks ****

According to the read-out im doing 34-38 mpg and I can get about 340 from a tank! If I drive it like I stole it then I can get it down to 30mpg, not easy on these greasy roads though.

Dogmaul, do I recall you have a Fabia Vrs?? If so are you just biding you time until you add in your MPG to upset everyone...Something like if I rag it I am getting 45MPG and a steady drive in 6th with see over 60mpg..I guess hey?

no no i was just talking to cupcake about it the other day thats all. i know mines better on dino juice than yours no need to rub it in ;)

pete yup thats what i call a tank full you know when you run it from full to empty;)

cheers for all the replys!

dogmaul- i prob get bout 340 from a tank but maybe less!! so im not toooo far off sum of u lot but still i should see a bit over 30 when booting it and at least 35-40 when i in granny mode! changing at 2,500rpm

Megane225FF

You have to stay in granny mode on the M1 cattle run 1st thing in a morning.. I get an average 350 from a tank before I fill up, but its not totally empty, its just above the red.. computer reckons theres another 50/60 miles in there, but theyve been known to be wrong...

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

Mine seems to sit around 31.2-31.8 for the most part. Probably 50/50 split on motorway/normal roads. Im wondering as the miles rack up, if the MPG rate will increase as the engine loosens up?

D.

golf

27.3 MPG on my computer but I only travel 3 miles back and forward to work and during the week i get stuck in traffic alot!!!

Mine must be ill. The trip claims around 30mpg but Im lucky to get 260 miles before the light is on and the trip only shows dashes. Filling up takes around 45 litres.

Mainly cross country driving.

Renault Clio Extreme 3, 1.2 16v... Going between 43.9 and 44.0 at the moment, which is much lower than when I got it a few weeks ago..

Mine is a 1.4 (8v) special edition that I believe was not sold in the UK called ICE (unfortunately no not named after some increase in the In car entertainment). Because of the constant heavy traffic in and around Milan I normally get around 35ish...

Rob

ok so it realy does range from diffent drivers and traffic as people with 1.2/1.4 are getting ruff the same as some 172 drivers!!

thanks every1 so far.;)

ST

Quote: Originally posted by SCDave on 20 January 2005

Renault Clio Extreme 3, 1.2 16v... Going between 43.9 and 44.0 at the moment, which is much lower than when I got it a few weeks ago..
Kin ell, how you manage that? Mine is comin up on 14.5k and only get 37ish local and around the mid to late 40s motorway?

i only use optimax and its on 31.0 -.7 never gets higher
only realy town driving and wen it warms up i nack it most of the time!!

Quote: Originally posted by 16vClio on 20 January 2005

Kin ell, how you manage that? Mine is comin up on 14.5k and only get 37ish local and around the mid to late 40s motorway?

Dont know, but Im well impressed. I drive my car alot, especially when its a new car, I just go pointless random drives. Mine is approaching 8k and mostly local driving. Much better than the car I just got rid of (Punto!)

ST

It had just been reset when I got it..
Oh righty, try resetting it mate, as my mrs has an 04 plate 1.2 16v dynamique and its just coming up for 5.5k and shes never reset it and it still reads around 42mpg and she only does local driving hardly any motorway. Your prob getting a false reading mate, if you reset it and drive as normal for a week or so it will prob drop a few mpg.

I dont trust that computer much, i go by the actual fuel gauge.

Ang

Pink/Blue 182

only ever use optimax and get...40 to 41mpg...if im sensible.......all motorway driving.......sometimes 38mpg..........town diriving i have no idea......

Quote: Originally posted by Bubba 182 on 20 January 2005
only ever use optimax and get...40 to 41mpg...if im sensible.......all motorway driving.......sometimes 38mpg..........town diriving i have no idea......

What do you call sensible?

Most of my miles are on M/way, and i get about 32-34 on optimax.

haha iv seen ur posts mate bet ur luvin it!! i only got my 03 172 cup bout a month ago im still luvin it im just moddin it now! 21mpg lol u just have 2 with new cars tho:D (booting it everywhere)

I CANNOT stop caning it LOL! Driving within limits in urban areas, as I always do, but I live in a village outside of the town where I work, so there are plenty of sweet B-roads to drive. I am addicted to the noise it makes...like a hissing - a mixture of exhaust and induction noise - just makes me grin from ear to ear.

It really isnt a super fast car, but it REWARDS the driver, which is something few car makers can still do reliably, and it FEELS mad as f**k.

Sorry if this is getting boring guys, but itll be a few weeks yet before I stop gushing about it :oops:

Clio 197

Quote: Originally posted by Roy Munson on 20 January 2005

£30 to fill it up?? £20 gives me half a tank of super unleaded??
Normal 95 RON is @ 76.9 at my local garages at the mo... and I dont always fill it until its pouring out of the overflow pipe! (done that once, and felt like a right pr*ck!)