ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mpg how many do u get

hi just wanted to know what u get as im only getting 28.9 all the time iv been driving very carfully just to see what i could get out of it and it did not go over 28.9 is that ok or am is the engine running wrong??

so what do u get peeps????

how do u drive tho iv been trying just as a test to drive like a granny!! and get 28.9 and when i boot it it still stays at like 28.6 so whats going on there?

Scirocco GT 210

28.9 thats bad :eek:

I average just over 40mpg. Although once when I went into granny mode I managed a whopping 51.7 mpg :D Thats on a 172 with normal unleaded petrol.

Suzuki SV650

AFAIK it takes a few hundred miles before the mpg sorts itself out? I got scared when I reset the trip computer and I could never get above 30mpg, then I started to go up to about 32/33mpg, but the cold weather didnt help.

Now Im back down to 31.7mpg, because my exhaust is blowing around where the stupid renault-made cat is.

my petrol goes down quit quick im using superplus unleaded would that be why or iv got a decat? but before the decat it was doing the same! so thats pritty bad then

steve2004 WOW mate that is good but u must be rolling everywhere with ur foot on the clutch!!!!!

Polo + Micra

i get about 31 from the 1.6

i can see why they dont sell many, crap mpg coupled with crap power:)

ok thanks keep them coming as i want a result of what people mainly get out of there cars cos mine is pritty poor but then it is a 2.0 16v and very tempting to give it some (always!!lol) but im trying to get the most out of it somtimes but just cant budge 28.9 YET it is going up tho

Mazda MX5 1.8

about 49mpg at the mo out of my 1.6 (during the summer about 55mpg at a push)

thats taking it steady tho
and thats no motorway

[Edited by clio__chris on 19 January 2005 at 11:40pm]

telford_mike- yeah would be nice to own a 3.0 v6 and get good petrol gains too! u wish plus petrol is sooooo much ££££ these days we are getting robbed:mad:

what type fuel do u use in your cars as i always use super unleaded as i always do in my rs turbo i find i runs nicer on it but is more £££ and burns quicker is that why or is that what u use and still get over 35mpg??

thanks guys so far.

ST

Just normal unleades as its only a 1.2 16v, but if i had a 172/cup/182 id be running it on super/optimax.

Silver Fabia vRS

33mpg round town and 38mpg on the motorway. Thats in a 182 with 14k on the clock and using normal unleaded, although the mpg has always been fairly good. If I cane it it only drops to about 30mpg, unless its a trackday where I only got 15mpg in my old 172 Mk2.

I dont bother with super unleaded/optimax as I see no increase in mpg or performance, or if there is it is small.

ST

Quote: Originally posted by geoff_clio182 on 19 January 2005

33mpg round town and 38mpg on the motorway. Thats in a 182 with 14k on the clock and using normal unleaded, although the mpg has always been fairly good. If I cane it it only drops to about 30mpg, unless its a trackday where I only got 15mpg in my old 172 Mk2.

I dont bother with super unleaded/optimax as I see no increase in mpg or performance, or if there is it is small.

IMO that isnt too bad at a track day, is it?

i may try normal unleaded and see what i think of it i know there might not be much in it but i had to with the rs turbo as it would run lumpy and i wanted the best for the clio too!! but its a modern car and should be fine its only cos there both performance cars and need the best there is. IMO but il do a test il run all the super out and fill it up with normal.:)

This may solve your problem with mpg on trip computer?

Run your car till trip computer goes in to dashes i.e below 37M before being empty.Fill tank and reset mileage and also note how much you have put in.Run again until dashes appear and all should solved.Work out your MPG and compare trip computer against calculation.I was getting the very same 28-29mpg till I done the above and now its more or less constant at 36MPG which is really 34MPG since calibraton is a wee bit out

Volvo S60 D5

Currently 18.3mpg on the computer.

Thats over 200-odd miles.

2.3 20v Turbo (you didnt restrict this to just Clios!)

30-34 with mostly short journeys and my driving style is usually quite agressive.

On my last tank though I really drove like as conservativley as I could, changing up at 2k rpm and staying in 5th gear as much as possible. Was getting 40mpg+. Used a couple of gallons like that then got bored and started booting it again. Oh well, nice try :)

Megane225FF

41.2mpg it says on the dash running on optimax, doing the 20 mile trip to work on the M1 @ 50/60mph...

oh how i pray for a clear stretch of motorway *sigh*

so what are you getting per tank then !!! as in a 172 you need to be getting around 450 miles to the tank to be doing 40mpg

I am an older driver with a standard 182 which is great, and I get around 35 mpg which seems quite satisfactory.Ive done about 2000 miles.

33mpg which is all around town driving a 1.6 16v. Cruising at 60-70 on the motorway I get about 40-45mpg.

I dont know how accurate the trip computer is, but the petrol gauage is a joke. When its near the red i can fill it up for just over £20, lucky if i can squeeze in 6 gallons, meaning theres another 4 Gallons in there even though the dial is telling me its empty.

Anyone else found this?

Cup 172

I run it on Optimax all the time. Averaging approx 34-36mpg knocking round town, with 40 plus easy on a run.

Recently did an 80 mile round trip through the lakes to Keswick and back, country A roads and villages and got 47.1 mpg:D