ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MPG of a 182

Black 182
As high as that! What about round town driving etc? I do alot of motorway driving so hoping for a good MPG return while doing that sort of driving but also do some back road stuff whats the best + worst and in what condictions?!

Clio 197
Real-life combined MPG will be 32MPG; unless you pink it all the time.

I've seen real-life 40MPG on a motorway run @ 70MPH. (the trip computer can sometimes give falsely high readings, so I calculate it using my fuel receipts).

182FF c/w Recaros
About 29/31 mpg.

You won't see more than 30mpg if your in the fun (5K++) zone a lot though:approve:

VW Golf TDI
bout 34>35 depends really you can get it relly low but mine seems to always find its way to this figure !!!

Trophy 265/500
We get 34 on average, but that includes a lot of motorway/dual carriageway driving. If you're doing it right, you'll be below 30.

ITB BG 182
Round town i see 33+ mpg if i change each gear before the 2k mark.
But when im on the motorway doing 60-70 on cruise control ive seen in the regions of 40mpg, an the other night with a IK i did see 47 miles to the galon doing 52mph.
BUT.... i dont oftenly keep to the speed limits anyhow, so average about 20mpg when ive done.

182FF c/w Recaros
BUT.... i dont oftenly keep to the speed limits anyhow, so average about 20mpg when ive done.

Be interesting to see what Nez, Trophy Man, Rob etc etc got on the way home last night:D

Reckoned I averaged a good 40mpg on the way back from Grantham thanks to the Lincolnshire police lol

BMW M3
In town starting and stopping - 24 - 28.
Normal average about 30mpg though.

Forget all the above if Im putting my foot down!

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Pretty poor 28MPG for me although i do drive pretty quick most places,avg speed of 55mph over 2,500 miles lol

ITB BG 182

Be interesting to see what Nez, Trophy Man, Rob etc etc got on the way home last night:D

Reckoned I averaged a good 40mpg on the way back from Grantham thanks to the Lincolnshire police lol
Last night at some points... i think i got about 25-28mpg, but after the mobile disco i soon was getting 30mpg +

clio 182 cup
What do you guys average?! Ive just got one and wondering how economical she will be ;)

cheers

Mike
hi mike i i was not happy with putting fifty pound a week in my clio. so i had a gas conversion done . now it costs fifty pounds a month to do the same milage. absolute bargain best move i ever made. cost £1299 though.
no difference in performance what so ever. if your going to keep the car for a long time it might be a good option.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I get 39mpg at the moe :) Should go higher as i'm starting a new job, and it's motorway to ge there,

mine usually averages at around 28-29, but i too stay in the fun zone alot... i mean wots t he point of havin a fun driving car, if u dont have fun in it all the time? :)

Black 182
Thanks for all the imput guys appreciate it, pick her up this saturday should be good! Looking forward to the twistys! My mates got a trophy and loves it to bits, it sure does handle unlike my old FST-3

RB 182
Mines done 95k and struggles to get over 30mpg without me going in the fun zone!

Give abit maybe 1% of the time, the other 99% driving steady, and it shows about 29mpg!

On the motorway yesterday i got 31mpg though, WOW!!

Ph-Sold!
Almost 35 exactly in my 172, thats both sitting in traffic and dual carriageway work everyday for commuting, with some 5k action when the mood takes me but it never alters much. 182s seem to get much worse economy!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
^^^ also get the impression 182's break down a lot more to.

Leon Cupra 300
I'm averaging 37/38 but dont really hammer it. Cant be bothered!

Think alot depends what fuel you use, run mine on v-max but if put in normal crap from moggy dogs itll sink to 34. Theres bin alot of threads on this but i think it was worked out by someone that using the v-max works out cheaper in the long run.