ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mpg on a 197??

Nimbus 197
just wondering what mpg people are getting from their 197??.. also how much to fill the tank x

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
£55ish to fill it from empty

I get 27-30 mpg. I live in the sticks, and most of my drving is 10-20 miles at a time, (spirited) so its not too bad. In my 172/182 it was about 33-34 ish.....

Nimbus 197
arr thats cool ty... good to no.. as i get mine 2moz lool.. going from a campus dci 1.5 that does 60 lol to half that.. lol hehe.. just means i will pay double..

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
...and the rest ;)

What will your dci be doing, 50-60 mpg ish? (guessing here)

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
driven hard for 2 hours on motorway. 19mpg

drive like a pussy - 34mpg

drive normal - 26 mpg.

Black 197
driven hard for 2 hours on motorway. 19mpg

drive like a pussy - 34mpg

drive normal - 26 mpg.

FLOL !!

Hit the nail on the head

197's are pants on economy fact !.. My 197 is in the bodyshop and i've got a Golf GTI 2.0 Turbo loan car.. Thats giving me 35mpg FFS !! better than my 197 and its quicker

ST
Really bad...another reason why i got rid of mine..

My Works is far better on fuel than my 197 ever was..anyone who averages more than 27-28mpg combined really must be drivin around wi the handbrake on!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Next time i fill up i'll trip the readings. I'll post up the mpg and average speed readouts after when its empty.

The best i've seen recently is 26mpg according to the trip computer, but its more like 24.8 - 25 most of the time. Absolutely crap.

My girlfriends Polo TDi Sport 100 breezes 50mpg daily!!

RB 197 fatty
i do about 4 mile to work and the same back again everyday, in rush hours barely leaving villages at stop and start and it kills it. I was well happy other day when i saw it jump up to 23.5! then it went back down to 23.4! haha.

did about 50 motorway miles today though and it went up to 27ish.

...tomorrow morning will sort that out!!!

Black 197
They do ok on a longish drive, My house to the OH's in South Wales is 168 miles.. From full i can do this on a quater of a tank driving at 70mph... Drive faster and forget about it.. I really dont know what Renault did when they changed the F4r slightly

Nimbus 197
lol i was just wondering.. the £'s dnt mater.. its the pleasure!! cant wait... keeping the campus for the mo anyways x

Black 197
I hope your bringing it along to the Tonbridge meet !!

Might not have my 197 back by then but i'll bring the Golf GTI and show you lot how its done ;)

Clio 197
Currently getting 34mpg, that's 7 miles on dual carriageway and 3 miles through town each way to and from work with traffic light grand prix at every opportunity.

On the M1 in the 50mph zone I get 45mpg on a 15 mile journey.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Ranges between 25-35mpg depending on type of roads and how spirited a drive it was ;)

In comparison my 172/182 always hovered around 30-31 rising to 40mpg if I drove like a granny on the motorway.

LY V6 & Fiesta ST
Trip says anywhere between 29.9 and 32.6, my trip is generally 2MPG conservative and costs about £55 to fill up with super from empty, although the (my) V6 which i test drove was showing 28.8MPG on the trip- although i am sure a few blasts of that V6 will sort that out.

RB 197 fatty
Currently getting 34mpg, that's 7 miles on dual carriageway and 3 miles through town each way to and from work with traffic light grand prix at every opportunity.

On the M1 in the 50mph zone I get 45mpg on a 15 mile journey.

seriarse????? how? iv tryed soooo hard!

...is the claimed even 45mpg?!?!? :S

just done 700 miles on £95 but that was from brum to looe in cornwall drivin about and 90-100 on motorway there and back so mpg was still saying 28.5;)