ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mpg

172 FF
I get 26ish which is mainly commuting, but I am not far from the city centre & it's speed bump central where I live. The speed bump roads half my mpg.

I can get 40+ when on a long run (without speed bumps).

I got 82 miles from a tenner, a proper hot hatch doesn't need a trip computer! I guess thats about 40mpg though.
However I lupowned a TT 180 on a dc last night and the fuel light came on after 40 miles (again from a tenner) :D

You stated in your for sale that the GTi does 0-60 in 7.7 i noticed?

Gospel or non-fiction?

You stated in your for sale that the GTi does 0-60 in 7.7 i noticed?

Gospel or non-fiction?

Pretty much gospel if not a touch quicker matey, various have got slightly beter times IIRC..

The only reason i ask is my old VTS stated 7.7 by parkers and 7.4 by citroen and lower again by EVO mag.

I raced a few and whilst it wasnt miles away it was relativley quicker off the mark i found.

Both cars (mine anway) were stock from what i could tell!

In all honesty I don't know! 7.7 is an autocar figure out of their road test, I reckon its probably closer to 7.5 than 8 seconds although i ve never timed it. Mine has the 5 speed box so it will do 60 in 2nd, the 6speeders require an additional change hence their quoted figure is around 8 seconds.
Its definatly not as quick as a VTS, it wouldn't get annhilated by one but the VTS would be quicker. I would take the Citroen figures with a pinch of salt iirc they test the cars 2 up with a full tank etc and the figures are conservative to keep the insurance groupings down. A well looked after, well driven VTS should be able to keep up with a 1*2 at least up to the ton mark.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
In all honesty I don't know! 7.7 is an autocar figure out of their road test, I reckon its probably closer to 7.5 than 8 seconds although i ve never timed it. Mine has the 5 speed box so it will do 60 in 2nd, the 6speeders require an additional change hence their quoted figure is around 8 seconds.
Its definatly not as quick as a VTS, it wouldn't get annhilated by one but the VTS would be quicker. I would take the Citroen figures with a pinch of salt iirc they test the cars 2 up with a full tank etc and the figures are conservative to keep the insurance groupings down. A well looked after, well driven VTS should be able to keep up with a 1*2 at least up to the ton mark.

Fair enough, i know the 5 speeds are quicker than the 6 speeds fo shizzle:eek:

RB Clio 182
the most i got was 31.2 and that was driving to nurburgring on mostly motorways with high octane fuel, what is going on! i thought it would have rocketed up when on the motorway for a couple of hours.