ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MPG

2001 Clio 172
Hello guys. Not sure if this is just me, but ive had my Clio 172 for just over a week now and im debating whether its using more fuel than it should.

18092009089.jpg

90 miles from full tank to that position. Is that about right and am i just worrying for nothing? Or should i have got more miles for that?

Someone put my mind at rest please :sleepy:.

Cheers!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Needle is crap, first half goes down right away, just do some sums and work it out properly.

PS 200
First couple of weeks it should move at roughly the same same speed as the rev counter - or you aint driving it properly ;).

As above - do your calcs once you fill up again.

2001 Clio 172
Just seems to go down too fast and means i dont wana put my foot down and enjoy it.

Below the cars mileage there is no numbers to reset as you would when you fill up, there is a little "M" though. I've tried pressing and holding the button thingy and nothing. Any ideas?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
You know about the button the end of the window wiper stalk right?

Work it out manually if you want the most accurate MPG,

ABout 300miles a tank(full till red light) is about average i'd say.

2001 Clio 172
Yea im aiming for 300 miles as that would be just under 35mpg. Is it also just me or does the red light come on really early on the 172s?

Sorry about this, just trying to get used to stuff!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Well my 172 would very very rarely get to 250miles before red light came on, can get to 310 in the 182.

2001 Clio 172
Maybe mine needs a good service. Think the exhaust might be blowing a bit, that won't be helping.

HTZ

RS200 with Cup suspension
I know it doesn't really apply to this thread but have just achieved 33 mpg from my last tankfull, 350 miles 47.91 litres, in my 200. Quite a heavy right foot.

HTZ

182 FF
Had mine recently and so far have had 35 mpg normal driving and 41 mpg on a run and the trip computers been pretty close to my calculations!
Impressed!!

Silver ph2/Mk2 Clio 172
Hello guys. Not sure if this is just me, but ive had my Clio 172 for just over a week now and im debating whether its using more fuel than it should.

18092009089.jpg

90 miles from full tank to that position. Is that about right and am i just worrying for nothing? Or should i have got more miles for that?

Someone put my mind at rest please :sleepy:.

Cheers!

I just got my 172 yesterday and did about 100-110 miles, most on the motorway and my needle is probably a little higher than yours is so pretty comparable. I was wondering if mine was going down quick too but a lot of cars have taper fuel tanks. My civic type R was always slower to go down the bottom part of the fuel dial

Astra SRI/ Hornet
I go by how much money I put in, say 10 quid on a blast will last about 45 miles but 20 quid driving normal mite see 150 miles. They don't exactly sip the fuel these Clios but there good for the performance.

clio 182 black /gold
Mine goes to that after about 50 miles. The needle is just a guide line. I get about 330 to a tank.

Ph1 172.
Just seems to go down too fast and means i dont wana put my foot down and enjoy it.

Below the cars mileage there is no numbers to reset as you would when you fill up, there is a little "M" though. I've tried pressing and holding the button thingy and nothing. Any ideas?

Have you discovered the little button on the end of the wiper stalk that shows you MPG, Miles travelled, Miles left in the tank, average speed etc?

320d
The fuel guage on my 172 is hopeless. It just randomly moves about, it can be 3/4 one minute and full the next etc. Depends whether your going up hill or down etc.

The digital one in my 1.2 was spot on though.