ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mr Clutch, Crap

Clutch cable snapped last week so got a new one fitted in Mr Clutch (bollox). After having this fitted, the car wont go into reverse without crunching and its a b**ch to drop down a gear when slowing down, almost have to hammer it in!

Took it back to Mr Clutch, explained problem and they said I need a new clutch, without even looking at it!

The car was fine b4 the cable snapped, so r Mr Clutch trying to rape my ass?

Nothing wrong with your clutch probably mate.

More likely to need adjusting, usually on a ratchet system on most cars but dont quote me on a 16v. I havent messed with mine coz to be honest im quite scared of bolloxing it up!

Sounds like Mr Clutch wants you to be his b**ch, hence tell him to nob off

I hope your right , coz I dont really wana be paying out for a new clutch! Costs a bloody fortune!

I am a bit concerned about it now coz the problem seemed to correct itself after a day and then started up again yesterday. Its got me baffled!

Yeah matt, sounds like its inbetween 2 teeth on the ratchet.

Try pressing the clutch to the floor then releasing it fast a few times. Otherwise go see a decent mechanic you trust and he should help you out but a doubt you need a new clutch....

sniff i had this same problem mate, My cable snapped friday night, got another one fitted and now I cant get reverse at all! dropping down gears is nigh on impossible, took it back and they said the thrust bearing is f**ked and its time for a new clutch, boohoo :(

When my clutch cable snapped on my williams, i got Renault to fit a new cable. I had trouble getting mine into gear as soon as I left the car park. Turns out the clutch needed replacing (which is why my previous cable snapped). I got a clutch from Mr Clutch, and it lasted me a couple of years (low mileage). Bloody thing nearly caught my car on fire when it burnt out on the M25 last year. Got Renault to replace it with a pucka one. Would never buy a patent clutch again.

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Got my clutch done at Mr Clutch in January £293.52 cheapest place by a long shot.

Mine def needed doing though as it broke appart and came through the inspection plate stopping the engine from starting!

Quote: Originally posted by Dno194 on 15 March 2004

When my clutch cable snapped on my williams, i got Renault to fit a new cable. I had trouble getting mine into gear as soon as I left the car park. Turns out the clutch needed replacing (which is why my previous cable snapped). I got a clutch from Mr Clutch, and it lasted me a couple of years (low mileage). Bloody thing nearly caught my car on fire when it burnt out on the M25 last year. Got Renault to replace it with a pucka one. Would never buy a patent clutch again.
Know what you mean . I actually had a garage fit me a patent clutch , even though I expressly told them to fit a genuine article only. Result = 6000 miles on the next clutch before it broke whilst the original renault unit had lasted 80k miles and done loads of track days .

Stear WELL CLEAR of cheap clutches on quick Clios

Cheers for the help guys, sounds like I need a new clutch then!

Is it normal for the clutch to be very stiff on a valver or is that a sign!