ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mr Clutch :(

Basically I'm wondering if anyone could help me diagnose a problem..

last week I had a new clutch fitted, they told me it would take 4-5 hours. After waiting 2 days they finally told me they couldn't take the gearbox out due to "seized" bolts.

Then after 4 days they say they need a new nose cone and fork something or other but the fork thing had to be ordered so it would be ready to pick up the next day.

when I ring up the next day they tell me they didn't have the right clutch for the job so another day for that to come, finally after 6 days I get my car back! It drove better than it ever did before it was great! Apart from a slight rattle coming from underneath...

then! Today on my journey back from work I lose all drive, the car starts and runs fine but when put into gear and as if you were to drive away there is nothing apart from the speedo going up...

a mechanic friend of mine seems to think either they haven't put the driveshaft back on properly or the it has gone all together does this sound about right?

When I got the clutch done they gave me a warranty and I have spoken to them and said I thought It could be the driveshaft wasn't put back in right and they said if that was the case they would sort it so do you think they would sort it if it's the circlip? Do you think I have a chance with it?

Here's the one it broke. In fairness it probably wasn't the best weld, it was done in situ, at about 2am after I'd been recovered back to the garage. So it was very much a rush job.
null_zps2072b0fc.jpg

Game over for it as it lost bits of circlip and thrust washer in the casing. And I despise breaking a JC5 apart. f**king things.

Here's its replacement.
null_zps6d9435c2.jpg

Just got a check over from a mechanic and none of the shafts are moving at all and they don't seem to have moved out of place is this signs of faulty clutch or still circlip problems?