ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MS Engineering matched inlets

172 ph1
Ive just spotted some matched inlets from a company called MS Custom Engineering on Ebay and was wondering if anybody has them or heard if they are any good? Also any graphs would be good to see if possible too.
Cheers

in need of new one
Yes totally worth it, amazing service If you send them a message on face book I'm sure they will happily share some graphs of recent rolling road printouts, helps tidy up the engine bay also.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Yes totally worth it, amazing service If you send them a message on face book I'm sure they will happily share some graphs of recent rolling road printouts, helps tidy up the engine bay also.

Ermmmmm . How does internal work tidy up the engine bay ? :confused:

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Assume he means colouring of the inlets also.
Got a price from them for machining and painting of just the inlets OP?
Ahhhhh I see . Just that the OP's thread was about was it worth it to get the inlets matched , not painted .

in need of new one
It's almost as if the chap above replying saying how good they were has a relationship with the company?!?!

First post and all that lol
Yeah I get all my car related work done there, plus have seen the print outs of rolling road tested parts, when someone says "not worth it" its just nice to set the record straight ;)

dan's cast offs.
Yeah I get all my car related work done there, plus have seen the print outs of rolling road tested parts, when someone says "not worth it" its just nice to set the record straight :wink:

for the price and costs/time involved in fitting them for the gains then they aren't worth it. supporting other mods then if you don't mind forking out on them go for it but at the price and on their own for the gains they aren't worth it.

and before you ask yes i have had matched inlets on my own car, cars i've built and had them on rollers/mapped etc so do know about the midrange gains they give.

182 Trophy
I recently had a ported/flowed head and matched inlets done by Max @MS Custom. The service was spot on and he kept me updated throughout the work and provided a great compilation of photos too. It was all completed on a parts exchange basis, which worked well.

The workmanship was first class and the car made great figures when tuned by Paul @RS Tuning after fitting [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Gus
  clio 182
Has anyone got any back to back test results of matched inlets vs standard inlets, with no other hardware changes made at the same time that could influence the test results?

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Doubt it, no-one really cares that much.

Like others have said they compliment other mods well, giving some nice mid-range gain.

You'd think there would be someone that has done a back to back test on these, I was going to do mine about 2 years ago until ze cup got killed.
Just goes to show, as said above, no one really cares. 😂

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Realise this is an old posting, but thought I'd stick my tuppence in

Recently had matched inlets fitted, and enlarged throttle body, and sportscat on my Phase 1 172

Was running 165 BHP a year or so ago, and will get up to Engine dynamics for a full stage 1 remap, then can tell you what the new figure is. Not expecting much, busting 170bhp be nice. Its the driveability I am after.

It already feels much smoother, and couldn't believe the speed I was doing at one time the other day

However, no more mods for me on this Clio, other than a colour change, as for a motor that cost me £500 its as far as I wanna take it. Anything faster and it will be a new purchase