ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

much noisier after oil change?

I got the oil, filters & plugs changed the other day after the car had been sitting on the drive unused for 3 months & after taking it out for a run yesterday I noticed the engine seems to be much louder. I'm sure it feels more responsive but it sounds like it is revving alot higher than it is & I'd have expected it to be quieter if anything.

any ideas on what it could be ?

a local mobile mechanic - i've never used him before but he was suggested to me by a friend and I maybe wrongly assumed they'd struggle to f**k an oil change up. He never mentioned using an engine flush & i didnt think to check the dipstick yet although wouldn't it show up on the dash board if it was under the level?

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
By the time the oil level light shows up the damage is usually done iirc

Any idea what oil they put in it?

Whether its a garage or mobile mechanic that does the oil change your still better to check levels etc before you hand over the cash mate.

And as said before, the time the oil pressure light comes on.

Its usually too late, the damage is done :(

5w40 synthetic but don't know which brand. I'm guessing short of changing it again & watching them stick it in myself there's no way of telling what he put in there? If he has stuck in the wrong type would it be likely to affect the sound of the engine or could this be due to something else and just a conincidence that it happened at the same time??

is there anything else i can check before i pay to get it changed again as I don't really want to keep driving it if it could be damaging the engine

Golf GTD Mk7
it will run fine off 10w40 too, so i'd be suprised if the oil type is the issue. In fact renault quoted me for 10w40 not 5w40 :S

Did he put the right amount in?