ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Multi Camera Test (Outside only, front mid + exhaust) - quite happy with results!

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Tested my camera setup yesterday on the Clio. These are just the outside camera's which are 2 of those cheap keyring cameras (one is exhaust is an SD one, front is a HD one). I'm pretty happy with the results. These are to be coupled with my DSLR on the inside recording at 1080p should give some really nice shots :)

p.s I was testing for flames on the p&b map during driving in case you were wondering why I keep slowing down and changing down. The rear camera only picked up about 2 flames (one at 42s) as I think the fps is a bit slow on the SD camera. I'm going to get a few more of the SD ones I think :)

Last edited by a moderator:
  Monaco 152
Nice setup!

Same questions as the above.

How/where did you mount the cameras and links to the cameras you used please! :)

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
any pics of the cameras mounted etc...?? :)

Unfortunately not, but tbh its not that complicated to imagine; they were secured with duck tape and a safety string. So imagine 5 inches of grey duck tape stuck onto the car front and back ;)

Although not brilliant for use in the wet, the results are pretty good when compared to much more expensive setups like the go-pros etc. I was surprised how much the car sounded and looked like the bumper view from Forza. Obviously inside the car you don't hear the high pitched whines etc that the camera was picking up. Will get some links up later to the cameras used :)

Last edited:
  SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
Yeh ;)

Gonna try something similar the to GoPro i think, stick it to the F1 blade. Although I want to run an external mic from the boot floor / somewhere near the exhaust and try and remove some of the wind noise.

Although I can quickly see this escalating to owning 3 or 4 go pros getting all sorts of angels.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Ran another test yesterday. One thing I picked up on was the sun causing horizontal banding when hitting the lens of the camera. Rear camera if facing backwards on this second test. Also noticed the cameras record slightly out of synch, so if your going to use this sort of set, make sure you use the same camera's to avoid this.

Also off topic, but loving the difference the ramair IK makes to the sound of this engine (was on the standard airbox last time, ramair this time)!

Last edited by a moderator: